iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking at a Husky 365 Spc, was thinking of buying it, but not sure its "real" ?

Started by Windy_Acres, July 03, 2014, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy_Acres

Its on ebay,

(Ebay listing deleted by Admins, Please refer to forum rules regarding such postings)

From what I can tell is NOS 2007 Model 365 Special, The stickers look suspect, the box, did they really say " great experience " on them ? I dont know, it seems fishy to me, and the only Husky I own is a 350, so I basically dont know squat about Huskys (well saws in general), probably crying wolf, but before I drop north of $5 bills, can someone look at this and give me a nod as to it being a Husky or a Chusky ?

Thanks in advance, Bill

skeetsman

he lists country of origin as China.   hmmmm. i believe huskys are made in one of those sweedish places.i would be very suspect it.  surprised the seller listed that as country of mfg 
cs8000, 702evl, 365sp, 32 ton splitter 350husk, cs6700

Ianab

Further down the page...

QuoteCountry/Region of Manufacture:    
China

:-\
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Windy_Acres

Thanks guys, I guess I didnt read the whole page, that sums it up ! The ID sticker on it, looks realitively real, it appears they are getting better with the clones. I thought the cardboard looked chinese as well. Of course had I read the lousy info in the listing, I could have figured it out  :embarassed: .

martyinmi

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Joe Hillmann

Maine logger88

Yup also missing the husky logo on the air filter cover and the carb should either be a walbro or a zama and that one isnt. Looks real if you dont look closely tho makes me wonder why he has good feedback
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Ianab

Wonder if they have gone to so much trouble engineering the saw that maybe people buying them don't actually realise they are knock-offs? If they copied it that EXACTLY if might even run decently.  ???

Not that I'm going to buy one to find out, but Chinese manufacturing is improving. They still make a lot of cheap junk that gives them a bad name, but the more expensive brand name stuff that's made there is starting to become decent. Like Japan when they started making cars and electronics.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SawTroll

Quote from: Windy_Acres on July 03, 2014, 09:38:39 PM
Its on ebay,

From what I can tell is NOS 2007 Model 365 Special, The stickers look suspect, the box, did they really say " great experience " on them ?

The boxes did back then - but this one is fake anyway. 
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!