iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"North Woods Law"

Started by chain, June 05, 2014, 10:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chain

Did you like the show, dislike? A little too predictable, the agents a little too macho, and proved that the Law wants and needs poachers to justify expensive gear and hi-tech equipment...and..to earn promotions. :D

I give a five out of a possible ten for worthiness.

Jeff

I like it. It Proves the law needs high tech gear and wants to catch poachers.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I think that was the one in Maine? I think I watched them all. I like it. I had some trouble here and Chris McCaid came up. Than we had some guy on a game camera walking around with a sack that he was carring. My land is kinds seculed. If someone is not hunting,why are they there? Chris thought he was growing something. They came here and did some filming. I should of know something was wrong,because it was raining and one women had low dress shoes on.  ::) We never made the show.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chain

I thought they picked on the old man a little too much. Agents today are trained more in cross-examination than being a good, friendly officer, wanting to earn a persons trust.

I will give you an example. By law I was required to call the Game Agent to check-in my river otter and bobcat to be tagged. All a-okay until a question exam of just how I trapped these animals. He was so disappointed in my honest answers he went over to a out shed and opened the door and took a look around, never said a word a left!  Way to earn my trust for being honest!

Jeff

So your opinion of a show in Maine is based on your experience in Missouri? They are law enforcement, not hunting guides. it is their job to find offenders. The worst offenders are usually the friendliest best liars and con men.  Suspect evey thing and trust nothing when your life is on the line.

Aren't you the same guy that was so worried about birds getting killed by wind generators?

chain

Yes, Jeff, I'm that same guy that also tried to report to my local agent about all the turtles smashed on the road one wintry day a couple years ago. Not one call back from their office.

And speaking of offenders, they caught the easy ones, let's see them catch the true professional poacher, and I'm talking about the big-time poachers with networks even internationally. They are not your Saturday night beer drinking-spot-lighting poachers.

Chuck White

I like the show and watch it whenever I get the chance!

Also like "Life below Zero", "Alaska State Troopers", and "Alaska Bush People".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

I'm not fond of bush people, but really like the other two.

Chuck White

I think it comes on National Geographic Channel!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

I like the show very much. I've seen it aired on both Animal Planet and National Geographic Channel.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mooseherder

We love the show.  I would like to see more episodes north of Bangor.  There is a 200 miles stretch north of there they barely talk about.

Chuck White

Quote from: Chuck White on June 06, 2014, 05:38:13 PM
I think it comes on National Geographic Channel!

My mistake, it's on right now on Discovery Channel!

It's on for about another half hour!

Thank You Sponsors!