Sponsors:

Strange sound around the mill,

Started by drobertson, June 02, 2014, 07:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

it lasted for over an hour, had Missy going crazy as it did me,
this is the culprit,

hard to figure some sounds,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red oaks lumber

i'll bite, what sound does a turtle make? :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

I have never heard a turtle scream.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

redprospector

That's no turtle! That there is a terrapin.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Magicman

Quote from: WDH on June 02, 2014, 07:36:32 PMI have never heard a turtle scream. 

Then you ain't been around the right turtle.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redprospector

Quote from: Magicman on June 02, 2014, 08:07:11 PM
Quote from: WDH on June 02, 2014, 07:36:32 PMI have never heard a turtle scream. 

Now you made me spew coffee all over my monitor.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Nomad

Quote from: redprospector on June 02, 2014, 08:19:25 PM
Quote from: Magicman on June 02, 2014, 08:07:11 PM

Now you made me spew coffee all over my monitor.  :D

Thanks Lynn.  I just spit ice cream all over my computer desk. :D :D :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

LAZERDAN

Hey Hey Hey  I got kids in the house     

WDH

Lazer,

There is a reason for that  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Lynn, how do you have time to take sex photos and saw at the same time?

Ocklawahaboy

Slow and steady wins the.... Errr.... Race

red oaks lumber

the little fella sure has a determined look on his face :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

I had a Grandmother that use to talk about certain things. She use to say,If you don't know what I'm talking about it won't hurt ya and if you do know what I am talking about it won't hurt ya either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

Snapping turtles just love to lay their eggs in a sawdust pile. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

drobertson

Just to clear a little air, it was a thumping sound, thought it might be a skunk, without the fragrance, glad of that,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

yukon cornelius

I thought those turtles were just climbing over each other. ive been married so long I didn't know what they might even be doing....never crossed my mind.  :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: yukon cornelius on June 02, 2014, 10:56:35 PM
I thought those turtles were just climbing over each other. ive been married so long I didn't know what they might even be doing....never crossed my mind.  :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chuck White

Sorta like leap-frog, only in this case leap-turtle!   :D ;D

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Turtles are so slow, I thought Magic was showing a video. I watched it for 20 minutes before I realized it was a pic.  smiley_whacko

Magicman

Here is a LINK to a previous thread about Terrapins.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hilltop366

I went to a to a community/church softball game years ago and a guy was wearing a hat with a picture like Majicman's with the caption "Faster Faster" under the picture. 30 years ago and I still laugh.

leroy in kansas

Looks to me like the one turtle is pushing the other trying to get her started.  ;D

reswire

Yukon,, you're only 36!  Talk to magic, maybe he can tell you what those turtles have been eat'n.  I'd guess oysters probably. ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Thank You Sponsors!