iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mill shed pics

Started by JamieT, June 01, 2014, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieT

8) finally got the roof of my shed cut, and up! All I gotta do no is put the tin on, and wire it up!    For some reason  when I preview the post the pics are cut off.?
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

Dad2FourWI

Hey, that looks great!!!!!

I am so jealous!

Keep the pics coming and maybe it will kick me into gear too!!   :D

-Dad2FourWI

LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

JamieT

But when posted, they are complete   ??? Oh well I guess
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

drobertson

this will be nice on hot sunny, and or rainy days for sure! nice work!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JamieT

Thanks guys, plan on building doors that close around the head of the mill for protection from the elements. 2 4ft fluorescents and im thinking about mounting speakers! Have a fridge 20ft away in another building. Gonna be my new hang out for a while!! 

Kipper

What are the measurements on it?
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

Ohio_Bill

Very nice. You will like the shade.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

JamieT

Kipper, its 20ft long, 16ft wide. 16ft tall in the front, down to 12 in the back. Had to have room for tools, blades, hooks and the tractor for easy clean up!

drobertson

You will love the lights during evening outings, nothing better than beating the summer heat than a few logs sawn during the evening hours, might as well bring the fridge on in with you! ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Peter Drouin

It looks nice. But I envy you guys in the south , 2x4 rafters  ::)
In NH they would 2x12 16" OC and more pitch :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Peter,I was thinking about the Snow Load too.  :D
A roof is nice to have.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dad2FourWI

LOL! Yea, I was thinking the same thing!

If it cannot handle over two feet of snow.... well, that is just not fair! :D

Sounds nice.... and yes, I keep coming back here.... after the siding is on (12" wavy white pine), and the porch is done (white oak planks), then I am going to get serious about a mill shed!!! (gosh, I wish I had more energy!)

Keep the pics and ideas coming!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Andy White

JamieT
A really great project you have going on there! You will really be able to get a lot more usage from your mill, when you can saw rain or shine, night or day. A large fan behind you, and the fridge, and you will be all set. Keep up the good work, and stay safe!     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

JamieT

For you northern fellas, if we get 2 inches the entire state shuts down. There are riots over bread and milk. 4 wheelers are all over the rd. Lol, after I graduated high school  I moved to Detroit for a few years. Couldn't handle it and got my tail home!  Thanks for the compliments on the shed. Im happy with it. Im sure ill add on as I go.

willmyers0169

where did you find the 20' 2x12's to span the 20' opening?
Machinist, WM LT15 230 JD skidsteer 2010 JD 2955 JD Jonsered chainsaw

WDH

It is another No-Snow-Load-Shed  :D.

Jamie, now you have it made in the shade.  Those Snow-Load guys don't have to deal with the heat  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on June 04, 2014, 09:42:38 PM
It is another No-Snow-Load-Shed  :D.

Those Snow-Load guys don't have to deal with the heat  :)

Yes we do it was 75 today :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

GDinMaine

I know what you mean.  It is getting hot up here for "northern flowers".
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

WDH

You "northern flowers" would wilt today in Georgia.  Supposed to be 94 degrees and humid. Probably a "three shower" day.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Days like that I change my clothes 3 times a day.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Terrific job on the shed Jamie.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Anything over 68° is absolutely ridiculous. It was 90° a couple days ago, I thought I was going to catch on fire. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

blade69001

I always have to watch the northern guys when they come down and I hire them to work in the shop.  Fans, water, and air conditioned break room, and they still barely manage not to pass out from the heat.  After the first summer they are usually ok  except maybe for the city boys from NYC they always call it quits and head north in Aug.
;D
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

beenthere

QuoteAnything over 68° is absolutely ridiculous

X2,  +1,  smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!