iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Proud but SHOCKED!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 31, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I am proud to say....I have not set foot on a car dealership in over 20 years.

We went and got ice cream beside the Chevy Dealership this evening. While eating my ice cream cone, I decided to walk over to the car lot.

I was SHOCKED... electricuted-smiley electricuted-smiley electricuted-smiley.... at the price of this 2014 Chevy Tahoe. When will it stop?

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red oaks lumber

as long as people keep paying, they will keep raising the price. on the road all it seems is new vehicles.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ljohnsaw

WHAT! :o :o

Did it have gold weave fabric interior???  Must have been a hybrid, right?  That is a crazy price.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

dgdrls

Go to the Chevy web site and see what the base prices are for a 2015 Tahoe 4wd. :o

Try swallowing that pill when you live in the Northeast and the winter Salt program
is in full swing.   you get about 5-6 years from a vehicle before you start to see the
rust ruining the entire undercarriage.  62K for a 1/2 ton truck??  ridiculous.

DGDrls

Peter Drouin

Alot of it is from all the government and EPA junk and [SAFTY] junk
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Seems like I heard someone muttering something about $300 slabs.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jargo432

It wasn't too long ago you could buy a house for that.
Jack of all trades.

Left Coast Chris

A lot of it is how much money we are printing.  It's inflation and predicted to accelerate.   Not a good time to be sitting on cash.   :o :o
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

red

Wow $995 just because you are in SC . . . maybe you can drive to Mexico an pick one up
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

m wood

Jargo, that IS ALMOST what I paid for my little house (1300 sf) less than a year ago!!
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

mometal77

Look up on google un sold cars in england. Or on youtube abandoned cars in Dubai.  I think inflation everything goes up but look also at all the imports by ford. India has a 1 million sq ft factory over 3 billion a year from scrap ships come in and thailand and china. Look up also the tunnel being built from russia to alaska it is amazing and we are paying for all this garbage. Most food even has arsenic in it from india or china and some manufacturers if you call them up even if it says organic it is not the case.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

pigman

That is a great price! You should go back and buy the vehicle before someone else gets it. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

21incher

You have a choice of a CAR or fully loaded LT-70 at that price. Which will you choose? :D :D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Mooseherder

It is nice of them to throw in the Rear Axle Ratio at no charge.  ;)

thecfarm

WOW!! That is more than awful. Now many I know will buy one. I guess my friends need to make more than 30k a year to buy that.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 31, 2014, 10:29:58 PM

poston-smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Delawhere Jack

Yeah.....but it's "Only" $500/month............(for 20 years..).

As of the end of April, GM dealers have nearly 3 months inventory on their lots. In normal times they keep around 25-30 days inventory.

Keep your powder dry Poston. At some point they are going to have to offer some major discounts.

Delawhere Jack

I like Ole Hee Haul more and more all the time. Sure, he's got no AC, PW or locks, no DVD's etc. But I've got less than $6k in him, and no payments.  ;)

clww

That's about double what I paid for my 2005 Dodge when I bought my last new truck.

<----
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

isawlogs

You should go back and find a 2500 H\D extend a cab short box deisel 4x4 fully loaded pick-up and then sit back some.  :o
Saw one here at the farm show    82,000$ before prep\ tax\ plates.........  :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Roger2561

And people wonder why I continue to drive around in my 2006 Pontiac Vibe AWD knocking on 90,000 miles.  I cannot afford to buy a new car any longer.  The only thing I can now afford with wheels on it is a pair of roller skates.  Roger 
Roger

JohnM

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 01, 2014, 09:13:41 AM
Quote from: Magicman on May 31, 2014, 10:29:58 PM

poston-smiley
$62,340 ÷ $300 = 207.8 slabs  Better round it up to 210 to cover doc fees.  Get on it David! smiley_chop  Seriously though, who buys those?
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Woodboogah

Ridiculous!!  I will never buy a new vehicle, EVER!   A buddy of mine bought a new duramax fully loaded, which included air conditioned seats.  Another ridiculous feature.  Price paid 63,000.  Absolutely insane to me.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

coxy

I bought a new truck 1500 gmc in 06 33000 bucks then  never had a  new truck before that and never will again had it 3 years got rid of it was the biggest pile of ---- I ever had in my life ill keep buying clunkers along the road for a 1000-2000 buck run them for a few years and be done with it  ;D

Larry

Just the sales tax on that thing would be more than double what I paid for my first new car.  It was a '69 GTO and I bet it could fetch the grocery's a lot faster than that dog.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!