iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lakewood Roller Stroke Head

Started by hanstedtwr, May 30, 2014, 10:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanstedtwr

Wondering If there is any one out there that knows where a guy can get bars  for the Lakewood 420 head any more. I love the head it works great but the bars are not available any longer. Its on a Hyundai 130 lc-3 Also looking for a parts machine or complete that may have a different head on it.
Any good ideas or some one that may have them even if they need work.
Thanks
Jason

550 Cat Harvester with fabtek 180 dangle head, 2006 John Deere 1010D, Conehead 585 Chipper, Cancar C 4 cable skidder, Dyna sc 14 firewood processor and many other toys

BargeMonkey

I would try some of the equipment dealers. I know Deliches had a lakewood head in there not to long ago, and Don @ Lakeshore may know where some bars are. Another good source for bars, and just about everything else is Comstock Logging Supply, Dick knows alot of people and has found odd stuff for me before.

Brleclaire

What pitch is your bars. If its .404 or 3/4 and you have old worn out ones you can have them rebuilt.

hanstedtwr

I have tried those options delich is the one I purchased the machine from. The bars I do have are beyond repair.   It's also a 3/4 pitch
550 Cat Harvester with fabtek 180 dangle head, 2006 John Deere 1010D, Conehead 585 Chipper, Cancar C 4 cable skidder, Dyna sc 14 firewood processor and many other toys

Brleclaire

Is the bar that fits on your head a Oregon 321SNCT132?

barbender

Could you build an adapter plate so you could run a more common bar?
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Quote from: barbender on May 31, 2014, 10:12:05 PM
Could you build an adapter plate so you could run a more common bar?
Would it be possible to adapt the bar set-up off a timbco bar saw ? Hack your old bar mount off and weld something like that on ? I have no trouble finding bars for them.

hanstedtwr

Quote from: Brleclaire on May 31, 2014, 09:32:25 PM
Is the bar that fits on your head a Oregon 321SNCT132?

Yes exactaly what it is,

hanstedtwr

well as of 10-5-2014 we no longer need to look for a bars or chains we burned up in the woods. I will try to post pictures of what left of it soon.

BargeMonkey

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Did you have enough insurance to cover the machine ? 

Thank You Sponsors!