iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help. MY chainsaw :(

Started by greenelephant, June 01, 2014, 04:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenelephant

Hello everyone

I have a Ryobi PCN-3335 Petrol 33cc Chainsaw.

To cut a long story short I needed to strip down my chainsaw. All that remains is the main chassis plus piston, crankshaft and clutch. The cylinder head has been removed.

My problem which I done in my ignorance is take off the cylinder head without thinking about the piston ring on the piston.

PLease click on the following urls to see photographs of my chainsaw

(Links to offsite pictures deleted by Admins, Please read forum rules for posting pictures.)

(My webhost does allow linking. BUt if you click on the URL and inside the new window or tab go the the address bar and hit the enter or return button, the picture will appear.)

Picture 2.jpg shows you the flywheel at the bottom of the photo plus piston oil sump and crankshaft
Picture 6.jpg shows you the brake cable plus the clutch

My problem is I am struggling to insert the piston into the cylinder head. CAn anyone help me?
I have mentioned picture 6 as I may need to take off the clutch, but I dont know how without risking damage to the chainsaw. Any help given to me I would be grateful for.

shiggins

You have to squeeze the rings while putting the piston back in the cylinder. Also make sure the rings are in the right place.

Is that what u mean?

CTYank

Be very careful about the debris you'll likely introduce into the crankcase. (Always clean that first.)

Before assembling the top-end, make a wood support to sit around rod under piston, so cylinder can be eased around the piston. Make sure the piston ring(s) properly straddle their pins in the grooves.

A hose clamp of proper size works well to pinch the rings during reassembly. Lube everything with 2-stroke oil, of course. Good Luck.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

Thank You Sponsors!