iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna new mircro proplems 562....550 ....555 xp

Started by Olli, May 30, 2014, 12:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olli

Hello just want to no who has the same problem 562xp 96 hour total crash new 562 15 hour back in the shop starting problem....550 xp no power 1 hour run time 555 after 1 tank starting problem . i just so about to freak out , i talk real logging 6 to 8 hour work cutting trees down and not firewood hobby work .my expires white the new set of saw s is unbelievable. have run for 7 days my partner 562 and now she has to go to the shop same like my saw . he has also the second 562 .....whats is your experiences white the new saw s ?         

beenthere

Having these problems in Alaska?

Don't think everyone has such problems with the Husky saws. What might you be doing different than others?

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Olli

I am working just normal after 28 years in this job i know about what i am doing . 

247ktmmx

I was the first logger in my area to have a husky it was a 480 back in 1979 great saw then went to a 285 the best saw I ever had now  all the new saws are diffrent I think alot of the problems is the gas a dealer told me the carb drains back to the tank that why you pull your guts out to start them the ethanol is the problem we can thank our wounderful gov.

Ed_K

I have over 100 hrs on my 562xpg with no problems. Using 87 octane w/blue stabil mixed in also. I have found that it starts easier if i put it on high idle each time .
Ed K

CCC4

Quote from: Olli on May 30, 2014, 12:23:13 AM
... i talk real logging 6 to 8 hour work cutting trees down and not firewood hobby work.       

Cutting firewood is harder on a saw than logging. JMO

I haven't heard of these problems being brought up in my circles. I think some have their own opinions about the whole "Auto-tune" deal but haven't heard of anything such as timed complete failures.

Maybe you should put this in the chainsaw forum and see what they say??

chester_tree _farmah

The early version did have a hot start issue - not all of them but some. Is that where you see the problem? If so you could have one of those saws. Your dealer should know about that issue though. If they don't run away very fast.... to another dealer.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Olli

The dealer can not upload the saw ???? the new parts are not working ....and the next 562 waiting on the bench to be fix t ...... 

beenthere

Strongly suspect the dealer and his ability to handle the new line of saws is the crux of your problem.
Unfortunate for the customer, and would like to think that contacting Husqvarna directly may be the only answer..  or get to another dealer as mentioned (which may or may not be possible in a remote area).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ehp

got 562's with tons of hours and I mean tons of hours on them all logging hours , no problems , the 550 is not the same autotune as it is made by walbro not zama

JDeere

I have a couple hundred hours on my two 562XPs and both have run great right up to the time I ran over one with the skidder. 
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Olli

tons of hour how many ...anyway one back and see how she will do .....here is one same sh.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRcnR-ekdl0

bushmechanic

I got a 562xp around christmas time. Great saw but had a bad hesitation off idle. My son works at the local Husky dealership and just today he took it in and did a factory recall on it, changed the carb on it and did some software mods to it. I'm going to give her a razz tomorrow and see how it works now. I'm with beenthere and think the dealer may be your issue somewhat. 

BargeMonkey

Your not the only one to have trouble. Ive got 4 of them. So far ive got 2 NEW saws under warranty for crank bearings. The plastic cages dont hold up. They have went back for throttle issues, I guess there is a recall on the module for the TPS on them. I wont buy another one. My saws get run pretty hard, but they are maintained. The 562 is a great limbing, on/off the skidder saw, but not up to the same caliber as a 372 as far as longevity.

7sleeper

There are many threads world wide with users having similar problems. You are not alone!. And yes the husqvarna fan crowd like negating the existance. I donot recall how many upgrades since the introduction, but yes there have been quite many. As far as the the problems, the general rule of the thumb is, the newer the saw the less lickely to have problems.
These problems are quite unknown with the Stihl mTronic(=Autotune equivalent) line up.

chester_tree _farmah

Find a newly rebuilt clean 262 and get your $ back if u can.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Olli

254 xp was my best had about 20 of this saws ofer the years long time gone the easy repair now have my 562 back and the one of my partner in the shop Monday is show time i will kick the hell out of here  ;D     

chester_tree _farmah

254 and 262 are cult saws and u can work on them. It isn't like we are doing brain surgery here.  I just want to cut wood. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

ehp

My ported 562 I'm sure has well over 1,000 hours on it , Saw is almost 3 years old now , I cut 400,000 feet of ash and pine with it in the beginning when it was stock then I ported it and its cut over 1,000,000 feet of hardwood now and I use this saw everyday to fall with . I got just about every pro husky/stihl model here but I use the old beatup 562  8) , I also carry a stock 562 in the truck with me , a stock 550 and a stock 365 just the transfer doors are cut , I use these saws to cut on the landing , If I'm on clay its not to bad but I'm pretty much on pure sand in the summer and its real hard on chains and bars so the slower chain speed seems to help

chester_tree _farmah

Oh trust me . If I crush my 254 I will buy one. But my saw is too sweet to justify it right now.  :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

HolmenTree

I love my 2 yr old 562, still going strong.
I took this pic at the start my day with new b/c doing 6 hours of cut and skid in -40 below windchill.

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Maine logger88

I also love my 562xp I have used it full time since around November working 5 to 6 days a week and the only thing I have done to it is clean the air filter (when i think of it) and i trimed a couple loops off the metering spring to fix the bog off idle
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

SawTroll

Quote from: Ed_K on May 30, 2014, 07:10:36 AM
I have over 100 hrs on my 562xpg with no problems. Using 87 octane w/blue stabil mixed in also. I have found that it starts easier if i put it on high idle each time .

That's what the manual tells you to - but many people don't like to look in the manual, assuming they know everything.... :D
Information collector.

7sleeper

Quote from: SawTroll on June 02, 2014, 12:31:27 PM
Quote from: Ed_K on May 30, 2014, 07:10:36 AM

That's what the manual tells you to - but many people don't like to look in the manual, assuming they know everything.... :D

What is this thing "manual" that you speak of...  :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!