iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought my new saw

Started by jargo432, May 14, 2014, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jargo432

Mine was made in Japan.  As for the chain, I've got a  Nimbus 2000 on it.  :D

(I hope you got that joke)

Actually I like the fact that you don't have 15 different chains and bars to pick from at Echo.  I just took what was on it and love it.

8)  8)  8)
Jack of all trades.

Andyshine77

Quote from: ladylake on May 16, 2014, 06:10:15 PM

Some are built in Japan and some in the USA.  I'm not to sure how much Shindaiwa is in the CS 600 590 or 620 as the CS600 came a while before the merger. I wish they would have left the Shindaiwa out of the CS500p as it is down on power compared to the CS 510,520 and 530 Echo saws but it is 1/2# lighter.  Being a little absent minded as usual when I was out milling today cutting off log ends I was thinking that my CS500p was really starting to cut good only to look at it and it was my cs530.  I used my CS500p after that and the power is down quite a bit from the true Echo saws. The CS500p is still a good saw but the older 510-530 saws are great saws.   Steve

To be completely honest I found the opposite, the older 50cc Echo saws were quite pitiful without modifications IMHO. The CS500P runs quite nice out of the box. Maybe not as strong as the other pro 50cc saws, but not bad. So much so I'd look at you're tuning, because the 500 should outrun the 530.

So far the combining of the two companies, has been a positive. I've always liked the quality of Shindaiwa products, especially their blowers and trimmers.

The CS600p CS550p, CS590, 600p and 620 are all Shin designs.

Andre.

ladylake

Yes the old 510, 520, and 530 were just so so as they came but really picked up with a muff modd and good tuning and they out cut my new CS500p (for sure a Shindaiwa design) muff modded and tuned good by quite a bit. The only hope for the CS500p is it might pick up some as I only have about 6 or 7 tanks through it.  Andy did the Shiny 598 come out before or after the CS600p, it could have copied Echo if it came out after..  I have a Shinny 488 also that is not even close in power to the 50cc Echo saws, even less the my CS500p, but it's light and built good.  I just looked over on the as site, they claim the Shinny 598 is a rebranded Echo 600p sold only overseas  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Vander

Maybe the Echo saws made in Japan are for export only. I might be wrong. A famous local brand here is Zenoah, but rediculously overpriced.
Tree and saw accidents nullify years of forestry experience.

7sleeper

Zenoah = Red Max = Husqvarna = Jonsered => Zenoah now belongs to the Husqvarna group.

isawlogs

Quote from: ladylake on May 15, 2014, 05:40:02 AM
It will be the people that never ran a well tuned one that disagree .  Steve

I beg to defer to that coment....... Now it is true that I have not bought one recently, but they have not shown me any reason to trade my Stihls for one.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

John Vander

Noticed an Echo saw yesterday at a construction company. my Apologies. ;D
Tree and saw accidents nullify years of forestry experience.

CTYank

Jargo, may your new Echo work long and well for you. Some folks thrive on perceived nits to pick, while not subjecting their favorites to the same scrutiny (like, cost analysis).

I'll be looking for the ongoing story of how it adapts to a working life.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: CTYank on May 30, 2014, 03:44:54 AM
Jargo, may your new Echo work long and well for you. Some folks thrive on perceived nits to pick, while not subjecting their favorites to the same scrutiny (like, cost analysis).

I'll be looking for the ongoing story of how it adapts to a working life.

Ditto
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!