iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norse 3500 Parts

Started by Vtroger, May 27, 2014, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vtroger

I'm trying to source parts for an older Norse Winch, Model 3500.  Does anyone have a good source?

Thanks

Roger

thecfarm

Vtroger,welcome to the forum.
I suppose you tried Labonville?? Have the manual,parts breakdown?
http://www.labonville.com/Winch-Manuals_ep_43.html

I have the 450 with the butt plate that tilts up.
What do you use for a tractor,hp??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Vtroger

Thanks for the reply welcome!  Labonville does have some parts, but the model 3500 is no longer supported.  I'm looking for the chain tensioner and a drum brake.

I'm using a Kubota 7040,  70 horse. 

thecfarm

I know each model is diffeant. On mine the chain tensioner is just a piece of metal,kinda as thick as your ring finger that goes to a point. That's on a pivot with a spring.
The drum brake is even simpler than that. Just a hunk of metal about 1½X 3 inches with some sort of wearable metal. Adjustable with a bolt. When I pull the cable out it just slides on it,but a soon as I let go it will hold the spool in place.
The 450 manual is hard to figure out but that 3500 is real bad. What a poor job they did with that model.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

http://www.novaintl.ca/norse-skidding-winches.htm

These guys have been around a long time, they may have some old stock.

celliott

Welcome to the forum Vtroger!

Can't help with your winch problem, sorry....

Going by your forum name, are you from Vermont?  ??? And is your name Roger maybe?  ??? ??? ??? OK one of those is probably true  :D

Maybe fill out your bio in your profile a bit?

I'm from Danville BTW.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

North River Energy

Parts broken, worn out, or missing?

Vtroger

The parts are worn.  The chain tensioner broke away from the frame.  I might be able to salvage some of it, an re-weld to the frame. 

I can re-line the drum brake.

Norse doesn't make parts for the older winches, though the clutch disks are available....so We'll keep it running.

I'll work on that profile.  Thanks for all the help.  This is a great site!

Roger in Granville, Vermont

Thank You Sponsors!