iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winch pics

Started by pineywoods, May 23, 2014, 01:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

This big ole ramsey winch got dumped in my parts department. Anybody have any ideas where it might have been used, or could be used for ??

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

yukon cornelius

has the appearance of the winches mounted on the back of old dozers or crawlers. its probably not good for anything so I could help you out by taking it off your hands! just box it up and send it north to me!! ;D ;D those od ramseys are bulletproof! I would make a log dragging setup for my mountainside to get the inaccessible logs out.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bill Gaiche

Piney, contact Ramsey in Tulsa and they can tell you what it is for. bg

Bill Gaiche

Chuck White

Quote from: yukon cornelius on May 23, 2014, 01:53:42 PM
has the appearance of the winches mounted on the back of old dozers or crawlers. its probably not good for anything so I could help you out by taking it off your hands! just box it up and send it north to me!! ;D ;D those od ramseys are bulletproof! I would make a log dragging setup for my mountainside to get the inaccessible logs out.

That's what I was going to suggest.

They can be a real work-horse!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DanG

Piney, the best place to use that winch is about 9 miles southeast of Chattahoochee, Fl.  ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Larry

I have a similar one.  It came off the front end of an IH Scout used for forestry firefighting duties.  I don't think my wench had ever been used but the shifter was broke and grease dried out.  Cleaned it all up and repainted...looks brand new.

Ramsey has PDF manuals on line.  I needed it when I took it all apart.

Looks like you might be missed a part or two.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

pineywoods

Yeah Larry, the outboard shaft support is missing. Wouldn't be much of a problem to fab another one. What's not obvious is the size of this thing. The gear case is over 12 inches across and 6 inches thick. The cable wound on the drum is 3/4 inch dia. Way too big and heavy to mount on anything I own. The 3 point hitch on a large farm tractor would probably handle it ok. I suspect this thing came off one of them big side boom dozers used to lay large piplines. I have 2 smaller ones that came from the same source as yours, front bumper of an old IH scout. one is  now on the back of a small chinese dozer and the other on a big kubota tractor. Anyway, it's up for grabs, just come and get it...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

yukon cornelius

if only I was closer id come get it!! nice of you to pass it on!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

gspren

Quote from: yukon cornelius on May 29, 2014, 04:04:30 PM
if only I was closer id come get it!! nice of you to pass it on!

If I lived as close as you do I'd be on the way!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

drobertson

soak it down and store it till you figure it out, good one for sure,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

OH Boy

we had winches that size on the back of army trucks to winch tanks onto a lowboy trailer. two so you could steer it on. wrong color though.

Thank You Sponsors!