iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A new FUN project

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 21, 2014, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Started saving some unusual cut offs lately. Mostly find these on older logs and get them from the limbs.
Sand them real good and apply Poly.
Bought a few tripod stands from Walmart tonight to display the cut off wood. Hopefully I'll keep finding this stuff and my inventory will grow.  :)

The 2 with all the black splalting are Red Oak. The other one is Chestnut.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

Purty clever David.  8)

Your keep out doing yourself.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

mmartone

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

WDH

I call that "Plaque Wood".  Good for displaying stuff.  Nice.  Don't forget and leave any of that at my place  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lud

Nice!  Might be worth , on a few, routing a rectangular  relief and fitting a glass panel to hold a favorite photo.  Could be a way to cover up a flaw or dull spot. 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Warbird

Those would make great cribbage boards.

isawlogs

I see a few more 300$ slabs in da makin'!!!!

I have been mounting my deer antlers on those for years.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mesquite buckeye

Cool. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Interesting how much the top two look like some of the petrified wood slabs I have seen. I hadn't really thought about the coloring in those coming from spalted logs. Makes sense if you think about it. ;D ;D ;D :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!