iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice 310E slasher saw problems

Started by qsloggingil, May 21, 2014, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qsloggingil

I have a 98 310e and my bucksaw isn't working right I had a gauge put on the saw pressure line and it falls off once under a load Is it the pump or the center collector bypassing oil or ? Need help I'm running a csi dl4400 of it helps

tj240

on the bar saw there should be a couple valve to adjust pressure crank them up all the way if that doesnt work, look at the loader functions, are they losing power.  usually it is something simple check the cheap before you buy a pump
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

kiko

It is likely not  the pump as 310 does not have a dedicated pump for slasher. It has two pumps piggybacked but they work together to combine the flow.  The bar down pressure is teed off the saw pressure through a pressure reducing valve.  It could be the piston seal is bypassing and dumps the oil by when the bar gets in the tree (load).

qsloggingil

We took the two pressure lines off the control bank that runs to the center collector and caped them and compressed air in the lines.. Air started purging out the front of the loader saw pressure line and then by passed back to tank. He said it shouldn't do that so we pulled the collector out thinking it had a blown seal in collector looked good but were gonna replace the seals since it out. Would it have anything to do with the diverter valve or load sense or electrical? When I hit my saw button after the fluid warms up the chain spins on saw but doesn't go down but I can lower my boom or touch the swing pedal and it a starts to go down.. I appreciate the help!

kiko

You say it starts to work when you activate an upper function, will it then cut through the would or is it still weak?  With the machine turned off can you grab the saw bar with your hand and pull it out of the Shute?

qsloggingil

Yes I can pull it out of the chute. When I activate the saw to cut and go down it works when it's cold but it is weak and looses all cutting power when the oil warms up. The return of the bar is great but the cutting side is poor.

kiko

Then your problem is likely the bar Cly. It is much easier to remove disassemble and inspect than the swivel.  If I remember  correctly the Cly extends for bar up and contact going down,  I have seen the piston come off the rod before and  the oil will push the piston against the rod and activate the bar up but when going down oil pushes the piston off the rod which would explain the pressure drop.

qsloggingil

That makes sense to me because there's hyd fluid on the rod like the cylinder is leaking... Would that cause my pressure line to surge and slow the chain down? When the fluid warms up the chain will stop in a cotton wood (really soft) or is that just tied into that cylinder bypassing or just off saw adjustments or something else? Thanks again!

qsloggingil

What about bypassing the diverter valve? I hear alot of talk about it restricting flow from alot of ppl. I have delimber hook ups but its never had one and I don't want one. Could this be a big part of the problem?

kiko

Don't think that's your problem but why not try it should be simple to do. If you don't have a delimber then the saw line to delimber must already be capped off so, even if the diverter valve was shifted partially it would not create any where to dump the oil to cause the pressure drop you talk about. With delimber saw line capped off and a partially shifted diverter valve it could restrict the flow but not the pressure as they are two distinct things.  The diverter valve has no ports to tank.

qsloggingil

I defiantly see what your saying.. I wish you were here too look it all over cause you know a ton about it.. I'm just stabbing in the dark. I dunno if it makes a diffrence but the delimber lines that run out the front of the loader aren't caped there just there and it has two lines running out the back of the loader and when I hit my delimber button I can see the pressure line move. I dunno what they had hooked to it since it only has 2 lines and it was added on later not factory. Could I have a check valve or my slasher bank be messing up maybe?

Thank You Sponsors!