iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Storage Wars

Started by Magicman, May 19, 2014, 07:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Nope, I was not bidding.  A Granddaughter manages a storage complex and today was the day.  I was the guy doing the lock cutting off chores.

The contract calls for the management to have a key to all locks, but sometimes the customers go back and change the locks.  Those hardened shackles can be a chore, but sparks flew and all were defeated.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

The guy up the roads bids on them units. They even had a store to sell all the stuff in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Now we know who to call if we need to get into a locked storage unit.   ;D

Have tools, will travel ?? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DAD-BURN-YOU Magic......what was in it???? WHAT WAS I N  I T ???I can't stand!!!!! smiley_crying
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

reswire

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 19, 2014, 09:29:25 PM
DAD-BURN-YOU Magic......what was in it???? WHAT WAS I N  I T ???I can't stand!!!!! smiley_crying

You'll have to wait until next season! :D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Magicman

DAD-BURN-YOU Magic......what was in it???? 
Have you forgotten that I just "saws um and leaves um".   :D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 19, 2014, 10:36:42 PM
DAD-BURN-YOU Magic......what was in it???? 
Have you forgotten that I just "saws um and leaves um".   :D   :D

Good answer..... :D :D :D :D :D OMG......Very good answer!  :D :D :D :D :D

WDH

He don't even stack um. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I ain't a pile-it either.   :)

Raider Bill

I've bid on some in the past. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Once I got pretty much enough building materials to totally remodel 2 buildings I own including wiring, wood and carpet. Other times I got junk.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on May 20, 2014, 08:51:01 AM
I've bid on some in the past. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Once I got pretty much enough building materials to totally remodel 2 buildings I own including wiring, wood and carpet. Other times I got junk.

The Pickled Peaches will make it all better.  :D

Raider Bill

the elusive poston pickled peaches

julio

and I believe they will stay elusive
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

WmFritz

You know, when I saw the first picture, I was anxiously awaiting a great treasure to be discovered.

But like Gerald Rivera opening Al Capone's vault, the show abruptly ended.  ;D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

My fun ended when I released the trigger on the side grinder.  I saw nothing but Al Capone's old clothes in the lockers.  Glad I was not bidding.

beenthere

That side grinder and a pair of safety glasses should be standard equipment for a storage complex manager.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

And leather gloves.  Dat cut off lock is hot.

r.man

Do the laws governing storage lockers vary from state to state. Once read a book set in the 80s and they were bidding on a locker without seeing inside it. Pig in a poke.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Raider Bill

Quote from: r.man on May 21, 2014, 08:22:59 AM
Do the laws governing storage lockers vary from state to state. Once read a book set in the 80s and they were bidding on a locker without seeing inside it. Pig in a poke.

We were allowed to stand in the door but not poke through anything. One guy won one that was floor to ceiling wall to wall neatly stacked boxes 10x30  He figured there had to be something worth$$ so he bid high. Turned out all boxes was filled with newspapers.

Dave Shepard

Maybe someone will find the missing pickled peaches?  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandhills

Even with his woodworking skill I believe Poston could make a good living if he just sold pickled peaches here on the forum, always hear about them but never saw the pictures  :D, makes you wonder what storage unit he uses  ???

WmFritz

Quote from: sandhills on May 21, 2014, 11:20:58 PM
Even with his woodworking skill I believe Poston could make a good living if he just sold pickled peaches here on the forum, always hear about them but never saw the pictures  :D, makes you wonder what storage unit he uses  ???

Kinda like the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot, huh?  : ;D ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

I, too, believe that Poston's pickled peaches are a myth.  However, the ones my Granny made were good. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

trapper

have poston bring them to the pig roast for all to judge
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!