iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Entertainment Kitchen

Started by Tom, February 18, 2002, 08:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Here is the Kitchen Criten built for Doris.  It is from the pine and cedar we cut last trip and is to keep the parties out of the house.

It is built onto the side of the house, which puts the house kitchen behind the wall behind the refrigerator.  The room is the width of a 2 1/2 car garage and about 50 feet long. There is car and ATV parking on one end, a 1/2 bath and dining in the middle and the kitchen next to the house.  The view through the window is a 2 acre pond with ducks and geese, a 1/2 acre garden, an equipment drive and some distance through the woods can be seen the houses of some of the rest of the family.

On the table in the forground is the omni-present Pepper Sauce made from hot peppers and vinegar. Any house that serves greens must have a pepper sauce bottle.

Yep, it gets cold in Fla. too. :D          

It must have dipped way down in the 60's that day. :D
Here is some of the 5000BF of Pine we cut last week.                          

Frank_Pender

Thank you for sharing.  That is a very nice looking kitchen. ;) ;) ;)
Frank Pender

J_T

Tom real nice. Don't want me wife to see it tough or i could be in trouble.
Jim Holloway

Bud Man

Tom== I like that frig - is that pine you installed on the doors longleaf or slash?
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

CHARLIE

Tom, that stove you're warming your hands on....those are what we use in Minnesota to thaw out the pilot light flame so the big furnace will kick in. When it kicks in, ya don't wanna be standing next to the cold air return or you might get sucked right through the grate. :D :D

Recipe for the Pepper Sauce used for greens and salads.

Pack a jar as full of any kind of HOT pepper you can find.
Fill the jar with boiling hot white vinegar.
Let cool to room temperature and it's ready to use. Just sprinkle it over some fresh cooked collard, mustard, Kale or Turnip greens or sprinkle it on your tossed salad.
When the pepper sauce runs out, just fill the jar with more
boiling white vinegar and let cool.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Corley5

In Mi. we use those stoves in our deer blinds and fish shanties.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Don P

The hot vinegar is ready when the lid of the mason jar falls in :D
Down in NC we had eastern and western BBQ. Eastern is served with hot vinegar, western with a tomato based sauce. Governor's races have been won or lost based on misapplied condiments :D
Michelle's family travelled as her dad worked with the Dutch oil companies. Indonesia has a hot condiment called sambal which can be a sauce or a cube of compressed peppers on a plate. Michelle's older sister saw the "candy" on the table and popped the whole cube in her mouth :o. A-hooo-a

CHARLIE

Don_P, I was thinking that the Carolina's BBQ sauce was mustard based and DanG near everybody else's was tomato based.  I have a recipe for what is called Chicago Red Sauce that is mostly vinegar. It seems I've heard of a vinegar BBQ sauce but don't really know what it is. You're right though....people in the South take therie BBQ and BBQ sauce DanG serious.

But......Pepper Sauce ain't a BBQ sauce. It's more for greens and salad.

Speaking of peppers.....did you know that Tom likes to eat HOT peppers right off the bush or right out of the jar.  :o :o  I ain't lying about this.  He pops em in his mouth, chews em up and swallers em without even breaking sweat.  The onlyenest thing I kin figure is that his mouth is dead. :-/ ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bud Man

THOSE PEPPERS ARE GOOD FOR FOLKS WITH HEMORRHOID'S ==AFTER THE FIRST ONE EXITS THE OTHER  SPHINXSTER IS DEAD TOO !!!  :D :D    
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Thank You Sponsors!