iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought my new saw

Started by jargo432, May 14, 2014, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jargo432

After all the research I finally did it.  And the winner is....

Echo CS590  8)

I can't believe how awesome this saw is.  You have to understand I've only used small homelites and a poulan.  This saw is soooo smooth and powerfull I want to cut every tree in the woods down. :D

I just have to say WOW!

Thanks again for all the advice and help.  I've got a saw for life.
Jack of all trades.

John Vander

Would liketo see a pic of it ;)
Tree and saw accidents nullify years of forestry experience.

John Vander

I've never see Echo saws here in Japan. How does the price compare to Stihl?
Tree and saw accidents nullify years of forestry experience.

sawguy21

??? Echo is built in Japan
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jargo432

Quote from: John Vander on May 14, 2014, 10:57:26 PM

The cs590 compares to the Stihl 362.  Both are professional grade saws at 59cc.  The Stihl goes for about $749 and the Echo goes for $389.  (I know someone will disagree with this comparison)
Jack of all trades.

isawlogs

I'll be the first ....  :D   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

7sleeper

I would rather compare it to the 361. And yes there is a video to prove it.

ladylake

It will be the people that never ran a well tuned one that disagree .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

jargo432

All I know is the Echo cs590 is one awesome saw.  I've never run a Stihl so I'm not the one to say. 
Jack of all trades.

jargo432

If you compare how much saw you can buy with $400, Echo wins hands down.  If you compare an Echo saw that is the same cc and grade then I think Sthil wins.

Just my rookie opinion.
Jack of all trades.

ladylake

Stihl makes fine pro saws, just costly.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

JohnG28

I don't know how it runs next to a 361 or 362, but they are built a bit better. More mag than plastic on the Stihl, but you pay a lot more for the Stihl too. I'm sure you have a good saw that will handle your needs without issue. Enjoy.  ;D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

jargo432

Well, they told me to run about a tank and a half through it and bring it back so they could tune it.  Only problem so far is I have so much wood on the ground it's gonna take a couple of months to get it up, split and stacked.  Man that thing goes through wood like mad.

Also I'm going to have them look to see if the chain oiler is putting enough oil on the chain.  I can tell it's getting some but I don't think enough.  You can lift the chain and see oil in the groove but when I put the tip next to some clean wood and rev it up I don't see any splatter.  Also when it was almost out of fuel it still had about a quarter tank of chain oil.  (maybe that's the way it's supposed to be but I don't think so)

Off to the shop.
Jack of all trades.

beenthere

Oiler sounds about right to me. But you should see oil coming off the tip.

For sure don't want the oil tank empty when the fuel is gone, as that might mean a time when no oil is pumped.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jargo432

Back from the shop. (and cutting some more wood)  Saw didn't need any adjustment and the chain oiler was just how it was supposed to be.

8)
Jack of all trades.

sharkey

Good choice.  Should last you many years as long as you take care of it.

jargo432

You can bet I'll take care of it.  NO ETHANOL in this baby, and only Red Armor fuel additive. 
Jack of all trades.

ladylake

Good choice,  WAY more power than the 271 that you were thinking of and built better.   Steve

HolmenTree

Quote from: sawguy21 on May 14, 2014, 11:49:42 PM
??? Echo is built in Japan
Roy, Echos have been manufactured in the US for some time now.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SawTroll

Quote from: jargo432 on May 15, 2014, 12:09:05 AM
Quote from: John Vander on May 14, 2014, 10:57:26 PM

The cs590 compares to the Stihl 362.  Both are professional grade saws at 59cc.  The Stihl goes for about $749 and the Echo goes for $389.  (I know someone will disagree with this comparison)

That's at the very least a very optimistic statement - even the much more costly Echo 620 doesn't quite compare....

....and then the MS362 is in no way state of the art in the 60cc class.
Information collector.

H 2 H

Hey ST; why don't you say what you think about Echo and Stihl chainsaws like you do on other forums ?
Brian

Old BROWN eyes strikes again !

"Saw troll speaks with authority about saws has never even touched. Well maybe he touches the pictures in the brochures before he rips on them"

".... guess you need to do more than read specs, and look at pictures !"

ladylake

We've seen enough vids with Echo saws running right with Stihl and Huskys best saws to prove the Echo bashers
wrong time and again.   Steve

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: jargo432 on May 14, 2014, 09:52:00 PM
After all the research I finally did it.  And the winner is....

Echo CS590  8)

I can't believe how awesome this saw is.  You have to understand I've only used small homelites and a poulan.  This saw is soooo smooth and powerfull I want to cut every tree in the woods down. :D

I just have to say WOW!

Thanks again for all the advice and help.  I've got a saw for life.

Enjoy your new toy jargo  8)

What did u put on it for a chain?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Andyshine77

Quote from: JohnG28 on May 15, 2014, 08:52:39 AM
I don't know how it runs next to a 361 or 362, but they are built a bit better. More mag than plastic on the Stihl, but you pay a lot more for the Stihl too. I'm sure you have a good saw that will handle your needs without issue. Enjoy.  ;D

Mag stater and mag sprocket cover on the pro Stihl's, plastic on the Echo and many other manufactures pro saws. To me I almost prefer the plastic covers, as the mag covers seem to crack pretty easy. Now the case I want that to be mag. I honestly don't see anywhere other pro saws are any better than the 590, other than weight, and maybe the air filter. Now if you start comparing Husky and Stihl saws in the same price range as the 590, things become comical, as the other guys have nothing that comes close.

The 590's are built in Japan. Remember we're dealing with Yamabiko now. The 590 is a Shindaiwa designed. 

Andre.

ladylake

Some are built in Japan and some in the USA.  I'm not to sure how much Shindaiwa is in the CS 600 590 or 620 as the CS600 came a while before the merger. I wish they would have left the Shindaiwa out of the CS500p as it is down on power compared to the CS 510,520 and 530 Echo saws but it is 1/2# lighter.  Being a little absent minded as usual when I was out milling today cutting off log ends I was thinking that my CS500p was really starting to cut good only to look at it and it was my cs530.  I used my CS500p after that and the power is down quite a bit from the true Echo saws. The CS500p is still a good saw but the older 510-530 saws are great saws.   Steve

Thank You Sponsors!