iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Motor

Started by WellandportRob, May 14, 2014, 04:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WellandportRob

After a month of trouble shooting I finally pulled the trigger on a new motor.  I got 8,000 hrs out of the last one,  so I stuck with it.

2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

tmarch

Hope I get close to that with mine.  Tough motors and with maintenance they last awhile.
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

drobertson

Hard to tell from the pic, but at least it is not a Honda engine.  hope this one last as long as the last, nothing like a good reliable engine is at times hard to find, and when you do,, best to stick with it! ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

garyfg

What brand and HP is it? Where did you get it? I need one to replace the one that got stolden off  of my mill.

WellandportRob

:D Oh yes it is a Honda.  GX 630 21hp.  I bought it at the Honda dealer in Fort Erie Ont.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

hackberry jake

I have a 20 horse honda on my mill and it works great. Imo, honda is as good as it gets on gasoline engines.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

woodmills1

Ireally like and trust my honda 18 on the blue ox, but the kohler 28 or so on the edger is fuel injected and that is the smoothest 2 cylinder gas I ever experienced.

Now the 25 subarooooooo wisconsin on the multitek tried to burn off my leg this winter
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

barbender

Hondas are the most trouble free small gas engine I have had experience with. I hate Briggs with unbridled passion. I just bought a riding mower that has a 20 hp Kohler. This will be my first Kohler experience, but I've only heard positive things about them as well. Did I mention my disdain for Briggs ::) Actually I've had a couple Briggs that are fine, I have a tiller that has a 4.5 hp B&S that I loaned out to about 10 people over a 3 year period, it sat outside for the last 2 years, and it still starts on the first or second pull. The reliability with B&S seems all over the board depending on the model of engine. I had to replace our last rider basically because it had a Briggs in it. I think you could have done a complete overhaul on that thing every week and still not be able to start it so you could mow the lawn. So, when I see someone with a new Honda bolted on, I am very happy for them ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!