iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I can't be helped.

Started by Ocklawahaboy, May 11, 2014, 08:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocklawahaboy

I am working on setting up a new shed in the back yard.  The Mrs gave me permission to do away with the scraggly old crab-apple tree that hadn't produced since we bought the place.  Cool, shed just got 8ft longer.  I went out in the cool of the evening to carry out the sentence. 

That all went fine.  Oops, the trunk has about 2ft that is 6" in diameter.  Well, there's about enough light left to crank the mill....  Sorry for the flash washing out a lot of the color.

Now to think of something to do with these pieces.

Chuck White

One thing about apple (of any kind) is that there are usually LOTS of growth rings.

Apple doesn't usually grow very much in a years time.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mikeb1079

:D  kinda like putting a felling notch in a 4" diameter tree.   :D  sometimes its just for fun.   ;)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

dboyt

Sometimes that small stuff is harder to cut than full-size logs.  Hope you can use it.  Might make nice turning stock.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: dboyt on May 12, 2014, 11:51:47 AM
Sometimes that small stuff is harder to cut than full-size logs.  Hope you can use it.  Might make nice turning stock.
I've been looking for a chuck for my lathe because these pieces look like perfect pen blanks and wine stoppers. 

Thank You Sponsors!