After trying to be care full I got my first log dog  :-[
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

VictorH

Well you are a true sawyer now :)

thecfarm

I bet you checked them things for a looooooong time too. First time you forget,  :o  Was a good blade too,right??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

8) 8), I thought "what is he talking about dogs for?" then it hit me, barely missed one yesterday myself,  it happens, and will again,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Dave Shepard

I got one yesterday, as well. It must have been Log Dog Day. :D Actually, I just tickled the bolt for the roller, but that should count for something. ;D First one on this mill, and only the second ever.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dan_Shade

I eventually sawed the bolt off on my first roller :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

goose63

Yep try to keep a eye on em and new blade to :-X
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Delawhere Jack

Hit the top of one of the manual stops yesterday. :-\ Went about a year without sawing the mill. It seems to only happen when there is a big crowd watching..... :-[ Then I nearly rolled a log on the mill with the clamshell clamp up.... One of the kids helping was kind enough to warn me though.

21incher

I got my first today also and then got it again for good luck.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

JB Griffin

It took me around 8-9000 bdft but I finally got my first one last week with a brand new blade with only one cut through a 12ft log. >:(
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

hacknchop

Ive cut up a few it happens! Biggest rookie mistake was sawing a big old pine admiring the funny bluish color of the wood and couple boards later pow hit something took a look at it, was a bullet just lead so cut some more till pow, hit the nail they used to hang the target!!
Often wrong never indoubt

Brucer

I have two saw marks on the second manual side stop. The top one is about 1/16" deep and the lower one is about 1/8" deep.

I was talking to a customer a few weeks back and his Dad was poking around the mill, trying to figure out how it worked. He spotted the cuts and kidded me about being careless. I said (with a straight face) that the stop was too tall so I was trying to cut it a little shorter. Did it first with a dull blade and didn't get very far so I put a new blade on and tried to get all the way through on the next pass :D.

There's actually 3 years between the two cuts, but it makes for a good story ;D.

PS: There are NO saw marks on my clamp.

PPS: I tried, but it's too hard.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

I have showed this one before.  One layer of the log turner has been sawed off.

No, I did not do it.  It was done by the previous sawmill owner.  Bet it made sparks !!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I tried that one once, Lynn!

Just got done turning an awkward log and it was in perfect position to cut, only problem was I forgot to put the turner back down!

Well, it was a very bright and sunny day, but the sparks that came off of that turner/blade connection was a lot brighter than the sun!  :-[  ::)

The off-bearer just took off behind the log pile when he saw that it was going to happen!  I just thought he had to go or something, until ^&&%%%$.

Didn't much more than take the paint off, but left a good mark and cost me a blade!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dboyt

Hate when that happens!  There's two kinds of sawyers... those who will do it, and those who will do it again.  Usually, it is when I'm distracted, as when people are watching.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Thank You Sponsors!