iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

you really wanna read this one

Started by woodmills1, May 10, 2014, 07:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Left here 10:45 to deliver some rounds of firewood to Nashua, a city next door to me.  On the way I pass the customer who I talked to last night and said some where around 11 I deliver your firewood.  He doesen't see me so I stop in his driveway and wait 15 minutes but he doesn't show up.

I start thr truck and begin to raise the dump and OMG what the.............there is a ground hog on my fuel tank at the back of my truck and he says did you just drive me to Nashua?

Just as he is about to bolt the first big round lets loose and hits the tail gate the n the ground, the ground hog does a WWI duck and cover and then boom boom boom the rest of the load lets loose

I put the bed down and since I am not getting paid, I leave and run all stop signs and red light cause I don't want the critter to be lost in Nashua.

I get home and lift the dump and there he is his chest heaving, its a wonder he did' die of a heart attack.  But he says you brought me back home :D :D :D :D 45 minutes later he is relaxed enough to leave the truck
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

No wonder we had six more weeks of crappy weather.  :snowball: You are a bad influence on da Groundhog.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Den Socling

I just left Restricted Tropics. This was a relief.  :)

woodmills1

I drove him to Nashua and back, I don't think he will ever use my dump for shelter again. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

Probably had his nose in the wind and his tongue hanging out like a pup.  You have spoiled him for sure, and the fact is, you probably will never go to Nashua again without him.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

woodmills1

pretty sure he said wow the road is going by at 35 MPH I ain't jumpin and will I ever get back home

thecfarm

Not a creature that I would let knowly ride back to the farm.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Funny story, for sure, but around here woodchuck's (ground hogs) are targets!

I'm surprised he stayed there while the whole load dumped, let alone riding all the way, both ways!  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

jargo432

And they say good help is hard to find.  :D  At least he stuck around to finish the job.
Jack of all trades.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ozarkgem

So are you changing the name of your business Woodchuck transport and firewood?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

timberlinetree

Their is such a thing as a free ride :D!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!