iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well, we finally have chicks! (UPDATE)

Started by drobertson, May 09, 2014, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

No pics yet, but they will follow, the incubator we had gave up the ghost, and after three years the ole buff finally decided she was ready for some babies!  Needless to say, we are excited, pics to follow for sure, she started with four eggs a few day before Easter, this morning was the day, I had to check, over a dozen, with two little ones, the morning should be a very interesting day,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Banjo picker

I have 30 Delawares.  24 of them were hatched the 8th of Feb.  The other 6 a week or so later.  Its very odd having chicks that have no mommy.... They don't roost ... they sleep in a big chicken ball.  I have  13 pullets .... the boys don't know it yet , but they will be dinner some day soon.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Banjo picker

I take it you have yellow buffs... they are very pretty chickens.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

drobertson

Yes they are the yellow buffs, they are nice birds, we started with 15 three years ago, down to only 3, last spring we picked some rocks, and reds, this spring we got 5 wyandottes, and now it looks like another coop is in the making,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I had batems that would do that. They would disappear for about 3 weeks and then show up with a bunch of little ones.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

we got the nursery done! pics tomorrow, lots of stress for momma hen,  she seems happy,  a throw together for sure,  wish I had planned better,

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

YEA, the MOMMA hen is most Happy! 8)  what a chore this can be at times ;D  so much rain here, what a mucky mess it was, perfect aroma :D  It's done, now for the rest to hatch, 

coxy

we had 26 chicks and 17 were roosters  :o >:( >:( >:( had a lot of chicken soup  :D they were reds   rocks ( aricona  :-\)  mix they were ugly :laugh:

thecfarm

I don't know about the mix part look.We had those araucana, not good layers from Dec to May. But what I like about them,no two look a like and the colored eggs. The RI Reds and the Buffs and the others look just about the same. I miss them but not the fighting of the critters that want to eat them part. The wife's dog treed a racoon,I told the wife what do you think that coon was doing?  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Here are the latest pics, not much to look at, but it works, sad part is still just one chick, with eleven not hatched.
She started with four, then I found what I thought was near a dozen, and it was, but only one chick. I thought they quit laying when broading? still new at this. Anyway here are the girls and one lucky rooster ;D  and the newly added nursery.

tried a pic of the wyandottes, in the shade not a good pic,

Thank You Sponsors!