iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how would you describe a pain?

Started by drobertson, May 09, 2014, 09:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I got into these again, I as many have called them bull pine, not big knotty field pine, more like a fast growth weird  syp,  none the less, just not very fun to saw out,  thankfully these are not for a cabin, but on the list for rejects for sure, hate it,  but a fact of sawing, 

this was to be the deciding face for my one inch cuts,

switched patterns figuring I had it figured out?  Not quite,

the clearest of logs anyone could ask for,

finally gave up, and just went for it,

2x6's and 1x4's for a horse corral, could not, maybe, be worse,
some logs just do not behave well, no matter what, several miss cuts changing up the pattern, no help for these logs,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ocklawahaboy

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

I agree with this, but, they are in a business, pretty much unacceptable, very frustrating, these logs were on a barter,  glad we had a good diner, to wash out the bad taste, ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WmFritz

I thought they'd be fine for that usage, David.
They need to be much straighter lumber.  ???
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

hunz

That log looks and acts exactly like the black pine here in WNC. No matter what you do, anything over 8' ends up with some waaaaaaane. At least firewood is always an option!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

bandmiller2

If precision is needed cut them oversize, let dry,  then retrim on the mill. They will be just as tasty to horsey as the straight ones. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Barney II

Since yesterday and before ---I know your pain   grrrr :D :D :D   
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

JB Griffin

DAvid I wouldn't beat my self up over that, in a years time they'll be chewed up so bad you can't tell if they were 2x6s or 2x4s. :D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Ljohnsaw

Just put the bow up as you go over a rise in the fence line and bow down as you go through a gully...  Once done, more people will want "custom" board fences!  :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!