iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rotator Cuff

Started by xlogger, May 08, 2014, 05:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Has anyone of you had your rotator cuff fix. They are sending  me back for another mri next week and said probably need to cut me :'(. How long did it take for you to get back at it. Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

goose63

It took me bought 6 months do what the doc tells ya and don't over do it good luck
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

petefrom bearswamp

Have had both done, both totally torn, right in 1996 and left in 2001.
I have destroyed the repairs and am advised no further surgery.
Only problem now is no strength  with arms extended.
I am very hard on ortho surgeries.
As i recall was laid up about 6 weeks, but did limited stuff before that.
Surgeries have probably advanced since mine were done.
Good luck
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

Took me a year of exercises suggested by my SIL who is a physical therapist to get the shoulder muscles back in the right shoulder (that was after the Dr. said would have to cut). As soon as the right side was getting better, then the left side started acting bad, so another year of shoulder exercise and have had no more problems with either for about 10 years now.
Don't know if we just caught it in the nick of time to avoid surgery or not, but it is good to feel healthy in the shoulders now.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Onthesauk

Mine got worse and worse, couldn't sleep, cortizone wouldn't last long.  Sent me to PT as kind of last resort and I'm a firm believer.  About 6 weeks daily, a little more every week and a little tougher.  Now down to 15 minutes every other day.  I can sleep on either shoulder, do pretty much anything.  Will always be some pain but so much better then it use to be.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

ND rancher

I've had both injected with steroids when they started to to go as I had no time for surgery.(just prior to calving and during, different years) Did some PT and took it easy(right) 1 heeled well, the other bugs me yet when I sleep,not bad though. My .02$
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Buddyw

Took me 5 months out of work and therapy , about a year for full recovery.
Now , that is ONLY if you do what the doctor ask . Go to therapy and do the therapy.
I had a complete torn cuff , I still need to get my right shoulder repaired but, I am still putting it off , I guess because it is a LONG recovery and the spring/summer activities  are here..

Onthesauk

Had a couple of doctors tell me to put off surgery until there is no other choice.  Once it's done it tends to form scar tissue and makes it worse if it has to be done again.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Ron Scott

Had my right shoulder done May 1, 2006. A painful week after surgery with 6 months recovery to full use, but after a year as good as new.The PT was a chore, but it has to be done. As stated, follow doctor's orders.   
~Ron

xlogger

when in today to see doctor. said I didn't tear rotator cuff but have scaring around it. give me a shot and sending me to pt. said I should be fine . but the weakness in my arm is coming from and old spine injury he thinks. now I have to go see another dr :'( it least it good for now, got plenty of logs to saw.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!