iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swing saw mill build.

Started by leroy in kansas, May 07, 2014, 02:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

leroy
To post a video, first load it up to YouTube. That is pretty straight forward. Then you can link from here to your YouTube video.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

boardmaker

Leroy,
Do you have any updates?

leroy in kansas

Quote from: boardmaker on October 10, 2014, 07:21:46 PM
Leroy,
Do you have any updates?

I'm afraid not.  >:(  I've been to busy working at my real job to have time to  do much on the saw. Hope to get it cranking next week and a video made as well.

leroy in kansas

Finally got back to working on the swing saw. Have had it running, doing some milling and adjusting. I've learned the holders for the side to side and swing handle aren't going to cut it. I wound up using a pair of vice grips to keep it from moving while I was adjusting.
I'm in the process of making a positive stop/pin to correct this problem.
There is a bit of dancing sideways while making a horizontal cut. It seems to be less with the engine speed up a bit.  Still haven't ran it full out yet. I've gone back to watching videos of some of the other saws, and most of them seem to have a bit of sidewise movement. Is anyone aware of problems in this area and what to do about it???   

Magicman

Glad to see you back on your project.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

boardmaker

Any updates to share Leroy?  Can't wait to see a video of this thing in action.

CaseyK

Hey Leroy,
Just checking in to see how the project is going. Ive got mine placed in my building and the compurter stuff connected but strung a leak on the radiator after sawing a few boards & once it was replaced it was time to go offshore.

CaseyK
Home built automated twin blade

Thank You Sponsors!