Sponsors:

nice mesquite logs

Started by tule peak timber, May 07, 2014, 09:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Some nice size mesquite from two days ago.... Rob

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

pineywoods

That spiral grain makes my sweetgum look awful straight. Bet it will be some fun to cut and dry.. ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

tule peak timber

Yes, yard trees from an old trailer park,located  half way  between me and you ....Rob

Den Socling

Different species of Mesquite must vary a lot in hardness. I lived in AZ for awhile and a Mexican friend used to barbecue beef ribs on Mesquite. Delicious I should add. The stuff was so hard that where the chain teeth cut it, it was shiny. Murder on chains. A log that size couldn't be cut without changing chains a couple times.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Shotgun

Is there an echo here?          ;)
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

I hope that there are not two of them.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

2 POSTONs. Oh the horrors.  :D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tule peak timber

Hi Poston Poston, The batch of mesquite belongs to a customer, and he does want slabs cut to build furniture with. This is the first mesquite for me and perhaps Mesquite buckeye has some drying tips ? So far they are waxed, stacked and under a sprinkler until I get the new mill burning diesel.  Rob

Qweaver

Our Texas deer camp was deep in Mesquite  country and I've burned tons of it but never saw one the size of that one.  I hope you post pics of it sawn. 
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

mesquite buckeye

Sticker it in the shade. I would put a stick every foot. Mesquite is one of the easiest woods to dry and movement during drying without stress wood is minimal. If the tree grew staight up, no sweat, but watch out on leaners and branches. They like to bend both when you cut them and when they are drying. If it grew in a place where there isn't a lot of mesquite you shouldn't have to much trouble with bugs, but if it came from a place with wild mesquites around look out for longhorned beetles boring it out and especially powderpost beetles that will completely consume the sapwood if they can find it.

Nice log. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!