iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The snow is almost gone and mill is ready

Started by Kingcha, May 06, 2014, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingcha

Undid all my winter prep today.  Tarp down, grease cleaned off  tracks, extra support post stored until next fall and test fired the mill.   

Still have a few things to get my "Outback" paradise ready for summer time but I hope all those chores are done by Friday and I get my tractor relocated there too.

This pile of snow should be gone by the end of tomorrow.

I hope to be cutting trees by Saturday weather permitting.   First thing on my cut list this year is about 1200bf of pine flooring.  Hoping to cut them 7-8" wide.   Just wish I had bigger trees.   :)

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

reswire

I was in the Air Force, and stationed in Michigan during the 70's.  I loved the people and the outdoors life, but oooooooooo the snow.  It seemed to stay on the ground forever.  They keep talking about global warming,,, maybe it will give you some more mill time coming up soon! :D :D  Good luck, and remember the Long Johns.  How's the deer hunting nowadays?  It used to be unbelievably great.  Good luck.
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Andy White

Matt,
Good to see you made it thru the winter without and damage. Now you can" log up " and burn some kilowatts on that quiet mill! Have fun and be safe.     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

I am glad that you found everything OK because your last pictures looked much different.  Happy Sawing.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kingcha

Thanks guys and yes so looking forward to that quiet hum of electricity.

I don't hunt but the hunting is still good, some get one with patience and some just use a vehicle.  I myself have kept it to 2 in the last 30 years.   Well to be fair one of them hit me.

Unfortunately the weather is calling for rain but on the positive note it is going to be warmer.   I think we might even hit 70 in a few days.  8) 8)

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

tmarch

Woke up to 6" of the lovely white stuff this morning.  Will be a day or 2 before it melts and then the mud!!!!!!!!!!
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

TimGA

I really feel for you guys, I am fighting Gnats and Mosquitoes, been over 90 degrees already next comes humidity. We have had a very wet spring over 12 inches of rain one of the wettest April's on record, had to replant over 80 acres of corn at farm I work with. We still are blessed though no tornados or floods  here,  wish you a great normal spring.
                                                         Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Kingcha

Thinking a little snow is better then humidity, Gnats and Mosquitoes.    I did say "A Little" though.  :)

tmarch

12 to 15 inches of snow again yesterday, no gnats tho and I hope it gets the grasshoppers.  Coupla days and may get to see some grass again.   8)  8)
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Thank You Sponsors!