iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Over the hill

Started by backwoods sawyer, May 05, 2014, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoods sawyer

Made a trip "Over the hill"" and on down into northern California to take a look at what would be involved in milling out a potato shed package three bays wide and 150' long.

While there I noticed dozens of old elevators sitting out in the sagebrush looks like the belt conveyors could find a use around the sawmill.

Both jobs I have taken the mill out on this week have also been "Over the hill" as well and not little hills!!! One the customer met me at the end of the pavement way off back at the end of a draw, from there it was a four wheel drive climb for the next three miles to a little flat spot with a deck of logs. The other one was also a four wheel drive climb that wound up along a bluff and dropped right off the other side of the ridge half way down the other side. Looking forward to some flat land jobs.

Had to open up the motor on the truck last week due to water in the oil as well.

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

wetdog

I'm gunna dig my two rows of taters in a few weeks. I was impressed at how well they were doing this year utill I saw your pic of the inside of that shed.

drobertson

That kind of "over the hill" is a good one!  the tator shed ought to be a good project,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

barbender

Neat! There's been a bit of a resurgence in potato farming in this area as of late, there used to be quite a bit and there are abandoned potato warehouses dotting the countryside.
Too many irons in the fire

backwoods sawyer

veiw from the top
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Jemclimber

And what a pretty view that is!!!
lt15

Thank You Sponsors!