iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oiler bad, brand new 2172

Started by tnc110, May 05, 2014, 02:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnc110

My brother is a die hard Stihl man, has about 8 saws.  I wanted to stir him up a bit so  I went out and bought a brand new 2172.   Not even one tank of fuel through it and I notice its not getting any oil to the bar.  took the bar off and fired it up...nothing.  Took it back to the dealer and it turns out the pump is frozen up.  I really hope this is not the beginning of endless troubles...

isawlogs

Karma.....    :)   

I also hope that its all good from now.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

tnc110,welcome to the forum.They all have problems,even Stihl. Always like the ones that say,I NEVER had a bit of problem with my........ yep,is the best reponse.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

tnc
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Don't tell your brother..  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Never had that problem with my saws.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

tnc110

Quote from: beenthere on May 05, 2014, 03:51:22 PM
tnc
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Don't tell your brother..  ;D

No kidding!!!!

tnc110

Should I ask the dealer to replace the bar and chain?  I would stay in 1 tank of gas it only used 1/8 tank of oil...

beenthere

Can't imagine that brief time would damage either enough to be too concerned about. But it is your call.

If being damaged for lack of oil, you likely would have smelled the hot bar, or seen smoke, or something along these lines.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!