iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's here

Started by highlandsaw, May 04, 2014, 05:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlandsaw

The HM126 mill is here. Picked it up several weeks ago.

Haven't decided how best to pick the saw head out of the crate. Pretty heavy. I have a loader on my tractor but haven't decided on safe pick points. No rush since the ground is so wet there is no way I can't get any logs yet.

Also got 80 trees and 50 myrtle from the conservation dept to plant. And my bees arrived.

OH Boy

Man, you sound as busy as I am. sometimes hard to know what project to do next ain't it. I hope you post some pics when you get that set up and keep us updated. That's probably my next upgrade as far as a new saw goes. I like the look and size of it in their videos.

goose63

I sure do like mine

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Wellmud

Is that a cats claw sharpener in that last pic ;D
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

StimW

Here is how I picked unitl from the crate and placed it on saw horses to install the uprights.

New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

drobertson

Very nice! It won't be long now,  thanks for the update,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Using that engine hoist is a real smart idea!  ;)

Man!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Those are some stout sawhorses!  :o

I think I would be inclined to fasten a 2x4 on top of each of them, just in case you might someday hit one of them with a skillsaw!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

Quote from: Wellmud on May 04, 2014, 06:49:34 PM
Is that a cats claw sharpener in that last pic ;D
sure is and helps with the mice 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

StimW

Quote from: Chuck White on May 05, 2014, 06:41:58 AM
Using that engine hoist is a real smart idea!  ;)

Man!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Those are some stout sawhorses!  :o

I think I would be inclined to fasten a 2x4 on top of each of them, just in case you might someday hit one of them with a skillsaw!  ;)

Those saw horses are 4" jr I beam/semi trailer crossmembers. Legs are I beam cut in half. (I worked on semi trailers for 30 years and supervised 3 shops)
Since I have a Welding/Fabrication Shop I do a lot of welding on the horses so 2 x's would hurt more than help.

Building the frame extension for my new mill-

New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

Left Coast Chris

Are those ceramic guides?
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!