iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logmaster Parts

Started by Grizzly, May 03, 2014, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

I've been away from sawmilling for a year or two (mill seems abandoned) and now i come back to the forum to discover that logmaster is done. Did anyone have any success buying parts from the receiver? Or anywhere else? Most of the bearings, blades, etc I can source locally but some of the springs and parts are unique to logmaster. Any ideas? I'm listening!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

JB Griffin

Don't know about Logmaster but i'm in the same boat with my Keener Built no parts to be had for it. I needed guide rollers and finally ordered a set from Cooks for a Timberhavester and reworked the mill so they would work, next time I can just call Cooks and have them send me some and just put em on.

Sounds like you'll prob. have to do the same.
DanG shame about Logmaster they looked like one heck of a mill to me.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

boscojmb

Every part on a Logmaster is either an off the shelf component, or was built one at a time in their shop. You should be able to purchase or make any part that may go bad.
     Herman is still selling blades. If you called about blades I bet you could ask a bunch of other questions at the same time.

John B.
John B.

Log-Master LM4

Grizzly

Thanks! I'll give Herman a call. Sort of understood no one was answering the phones but good to hear he's still there.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

boscojmb

I just checked and the logmaster website is back up and running. It looks like they are only selling replacement parts and blades, but this is a huge plus to all LogMaster owners (Including myself). They have all current contact information on their new (in the works) website. I'm not sure if I can post the url here?
John B.

Log-Master LM4

Thank You Sponsors!