iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is R12 worth anything?

Started by Qweaver, May 03, 2014, 10:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I've got a nearly full bottle of R12.  Is it still worth anything.  I know that the old cooler boxes used it but I'll bet they are long gone.  Maybe some old restored cars.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Jeff

I'm pretty sure you need a special permit from the EPA to buy it when you find it from old stock, so I suspect selling it would be illegal without a special permit as well. I don't know why anyone would bother when there are legal replacements.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Worth $500-$600. Don't know about being able to sell it or what's involved in that.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Go to your nearest auto body repair shop.  They should know and also know the rules/regulations/restrictions.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

shinnlinger

I need a can for a chicken cooler I have....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Mooseherder

A lot of people have cans laying around on a shelf garage.
Should be easy to find one.

Raider Bill

I've got the best part of a 30 lb left.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scsmith42

Sell it on e-bay; it's worth quite a bit.

As I understand it, freon produced before the restriction is still legal to sell.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Qweaver

yeah, I bought it while it was still legal.  Paid a couple bucks a pound back then.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

ScottAR

The last supply I knew of was selling it for $50 a 12oz can till their stock ran out.  Would be a bit cheaper now as models that use it are not as common.  Most vehicles can be converted for less money than enough R12 to fill one up. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!