iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First time under the Sun…..and the last I hope.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 02, 2014, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The opening to my mill is only 13'-6". I took on a job consisting of nothing but 14, 16, and 20 foot logs. (White Oak).
So I finally bit the bullet and pulled the mill outside.
Sure felt strange sawing under the sun.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tule peak timber

Cool pics ! Too hot here in the summer to mill outside. Working on extending our cover this week.... Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

goose63

The sun would feel real good now that the rain is gone
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: tule peak timber on May 02, 2014, 07:49:58 PM
Cool pics ! Too hot here in the summer to mill outside. Working on extending our cover this week.... Rob

It hasn't got hot here yet Rob.....low 50's in the mornings right now......but come july......I'll be sawing in the shed.  :)

WmFritz

David, might want to rub her down with some Hawaiian Tropic... maybe a SP 50.
Else she'll turn a nice pale, boiled crawfish color like Magicman's.  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

red oaks lumber

i betcha your legs are still white and ugly :D :D ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WmFritz on May 02, 2014, 07:55:51 PM
David, might want to rub her down with some Hawaiian Tropic... maybe a SP 50.
Else she'll turn a nice pale, boiled crawfish color like Magicman's.  :)

I did think about that Bill.  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on May 02, 2014, 07:56:11 PM
i betcha your legs are still white and ugly :D :D ;D

.....and scared from wounds Steve.  :D

lyle niemi

I hope ya didn't get yerself a sunburn..lol Can you show me a better pic of how you mounted your forks on your backhoe?? Thanx in advance

Magicman

Actually you did not have to move the sawmill.  After you pushed the first 20 footer through that opening, the rest of them would have fit easily.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 02, 2014, 07:43:03 PM
The opening to my mill is only 13'-6". I took on a job consisting of nothing but 14, 16, and 20 foot logs.

A job with nothing but 16 and 20 foot white oak logs would be a reason for me to keep the sawmill in the shed :D and put up a "do not disturb" sign :D

YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 02, 2014, 08:15:44 PM
Actually you did not have to move the sawmill.  After you pushed the first 20 footer through that opening, the rest of them would have fit easily.   :o

Now ya tell me!  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on May 02, 2014, 08:19:28 PM

A job with nothing but 16 and 20 foot white oak logs would be a reason for me to keep the sawmill in the shed :D and put up a "do not disturb" sign :D

YH

I have lived by that motto for 3 years but this job is for one of our farmer friends redoing hay wagons.  ::)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ga Mtn Man

If I'm not mistaken this is your first mobile job.  Don't forget to charge for the mileage. :laugh:
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Red Clay Hound

You keep sawing outside you'll have to get you a Magicman umbrella like I did  :)

2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

whitepine2

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on May 02, 2014, 09:33:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken this is your first mobile job.  Don't forget to charge for the mileage. :laugh:

Ya and better repack the wheel bearings before putting back LOL LOL

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Red Clay....you need a head light.  ;D

hackberry jake

Careful. I hear them WM mills start turning their TRUE COLOR when left outside too long  ;)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Red Clay Hound

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 02, 2014, 09:49:19 PM
Red Clay....you need a head light.  ;D
Poston, that ain't my truck. :D  Belonged to the customer - worked great for haulin' off slabs, though.  Typical farm truck around these parts. :)
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

barbender

I'very been sawing 16'and 20' Bur oak decking, and it hasn't been that much fun at all. Especially the 20', positioning is critical so you have room on both ends of the log, and the board drag back doesn't work because it doesn't clear the end of the log to hook it. Mine had sat a year and was starting to get dry, and man it is hard on blades. A blade per log >:(
Too many irons in the fire

JoeB

Howdy, look's like a "clam shell" on that Case, "Da**ned Kids" LOL!

tule peak timber

Poston, is that a tarp in your mill building for sawdust collection? Just noticed it in your first pic, this morning. I assume you drag it out to dump ? Rob

Magicman

Poston will say yes, but he seldom tells the truth. 

Actually that is a sawdust covered dance floor where he has been practicing his dance moves trying to be accepted into the troupe.   I doubt that he makes it because he "skins" so easily.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Heck, I still like disco....Shows what I know  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!