iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

idle side blade guide roller

Started by gdingee, May 02, 2014, 07:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdingee

Whilst changing a blade, I noted the idle side blade guide roller was very, very loose on LT 40 HD, 1998 model.

I did note one of the nuts on top of the assemble seemed a bit loose and I tightened the nut on the front of the roller, but it still is wobbly. I assume there are bearings inside which have worn out.

I have searched for a topic on replacing or adjusting these rollers, but have not been successful. Any help would be appreciated.

Magicman

It sounds like the bearing are worn, but then you mentioned the nuts on top of the assembly. ??  There is nothing that should be loose.

Do you have your Operating/Maintenance Manuals?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

No doubt you will have to repair this before sawing any more,  I would recommend taking some pictures of the assembly, both sides, while you wait on getting a manual. then begin the tear down. if the top adjusters are loose and wobbly there could be debris in and behind the parts.  It's not a bad fix, just takes a little time and patience.
Once the repair is made, be certain to double check the blade height to the bed matches your scale.  Also you will need to check the blade height at the fixed side and movable side at wide open.  Set blade at +1/16 at wide open.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

isawlogs

What part is ''loose'' the roller , the roller assembly or the arm that travels back and fourth ???

Roller asembly has set screws with locking nuts, these need be checked if they have loosened up with a ruler that snaps onto the blade, you can order that from Woodmizer, ask them how to use it while you have them on the phone. Its fairly easy and straight forward to use, the proceedure is well detailed in the manual.

If its the roller that is loose, get new bearings easy to change.

if tis the arm assemblyu then you need to open it up some and go look what is the cause, take the covers off and have a looksee....

Get back to us with the fix or the issue.... or if you need more help.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

gdingee

I went ahead and ordered a new set of rollers which arrived last evening. Will be putting them on this morning and hopefully resuming sawing.

terrifictimbersllc

Roller/shaft assy is held by vertical 7/16 fine set screws (and locknuts) that thread into the shaft behind the roller. One of these set screws may be broken.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!