iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Latest "equipment"

Started by repmma, April 29, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repmma

My operation is dubbing around on my own land so i use the term "equipment" loosely.  Got a good deal on it, loader is in great condition barely used, trailer is home built and okay.  Biggest thing is it was a good price and definitely couldn't buy even just a new loader for what I paid.  Was worried about what it could lift, but after working these logs on I'm happy.  Always could use bigger and better but compared to new units... $$$$ in my pocket and still enough to do the job with time and patience (one i have more of than the other).
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

clww

If it's handling those logs fine, then that's a great piece of gear. 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

I alwaysed wanted one of them!! But I only have a 40hp tractor and I have a real steep hill to come down on part of my land. Just would not be able to haul so much. I could haul rocks,brush with that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ohio_Bill

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

repmma

It definitely requires some technique for those and they are definitely at the max ability.  It wont quite bring them above the stakes, more like work them between the closest two then rotate it in.  They are removable stakes and it would have been easier if i pulled them, i was just too lazy to walk up to the house to get the wrench to undo the threaded rod.

I pulled the pine out into the field this winter.  Just for handling logs at the landing this thing is sweet and i can see it being used for brush, slab pile handling, deer hanging in november... endless possibilities!!!

Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

timberlinetree

That is really sweet! Nice score! 8)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

BEEMERS

That is a thing of Beauty to say the least!!

Corley5

Nice piece of equipment  8) 8) 8) 8)  Forwarders are great to have on the farm.  I used the old Mule to retrieve these elk from a neighbor's property for a couple hunters a while back.  The uses are endless  ;D

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

JohnM

repmma, where abouts in Maine are you?  That load/trailer looks as handy as a pocket on a shirt, as they say around here.

Quote from: Corley5 on April 30, 2014, 06:56:56 PM
Nice piece of equipment  8) 8) 8) 8)  Forwarders are great to have on the farm.  I used the old Mule to retrieve these elk from a neighbor's property for a couple hunters a while back.  The uses are endless  ;D

:D  That's great Corley!  Didn't realize you guys had elk up there in MI.  Nice ones too!
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

BargeMonkey

Have you ever picked up an ELK with a DEERE  ???   8)

BargeMonkey

BargeMonkey

Out in my back yard. We did 2 of them that day. That man right there is a U.S Federal Marshal from Nevada, that was the fastest ive ever seen one die, George with a bow is something to be seen.

I hate to post to much on the OP thread, but couldnt pass up posting those pictures. Your tractor/loader trailer looks handy, heavy pine puts that loader to good use.

BEEMERS

Corley5..Ive got one of them Mules too!! and Im not to far away from ya!! check out my pics of it a couple pages back.."logging photos this winter" I think you will appreciate the old girl!! its real clean like yours too.

repmma

John M, I'm in Freedom, western edge of Waldo County. 

I can see using it for a moose if I get the tag for this area in November.  Kinda thin on Elk out this way.

roger 4400

Very nice trailer and loader. How many feet is your loader ?? (14 ft ???)
I just bought a trailer last week that looks like yours but without the loader......wish to find one soon. For the next months, I will parbuckle and load with the tractor.

Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

ND rancher

Great score! Wish I could find one like that,I see endless possibilities on my farm.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

DeerMeadowFarm

JohnM

Quote from: repmma on May 01, 2014, 06:09:00 AM
John M, I'm in Freedom, western edge of Waldo County. 

I can see using it for a moose if I get the tag for this area in November.  Kinda thin on Elk out this way.
Wife and I are contemplating a move back to Waldo County (I grew up in Winterport) in a couple of years.  I'd say the odds are 50/50 atm.  I'm at 20/80 to move, wife is 80/20 not to. ;) ;D  So maybe it's really 80/20 not to atm. :-\

If that thing can handle those logs, even begrudgingly, it could certainly handle a moose.  I had the help from a railroad crew several years ago, in Winterport as a matter of fact. :)

Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

repmma

JohnM I grew up in Winterport too!

I think its a 16' loader.  Patu 202 is the model.

luvmexfood

Quote from: Corley5 on April 30, 2014, 06:56:56 PM

Hope you at least got so good loinsout of th deal. Yum!

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

JohnM

Quote from: repmma on May 01, 2014, 03:13:36 PM
JohnM I grew up in Winterport too!
:D That's funny, small world and all that. :)  So I gotta ask, what year did you graduate (from Hampden, I assume)?  And who was your first grade teacher?  Sorry, highjacking the thread, I'll save the other questions for a PM. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!