iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

548 availability

Started by OH logger, April 29, 2014, 09:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

I know that deere is going to quit mAKIng the 548 soon. I want a  new one but am not in the position to get one now.  I heard that they will still make tthem to sell in Canada and Europe? if this is true can a new /pretty new one be bought by an American from a Canadian and  brought to America even if it doesn't comply with the pollution standards that prohibit them to be sold here???? I know people move equipment across the border all the time but this might be different because of the emission crap? if this is possible  I could still get a nice skidder in the future.  thanks in advance
john

Reddog

If it doesn't meet the standards for the year built, it would need to be retrofitted and pass before importation is the just of the law now.

Unimog and military collector folks have found themselves in deep water before on this very subject.

Firewoodjoe

And we we're told 2015 there will be no more. Now does that mean they'll build 2015s... Don't know

OH logger

what a shame. I was just looking to delay the inevitable. I understand its about pollution and emissions but its just one more example of the government makin it harder on all of us "common " folk :-\
john

shinnlinger

I had a neighbor in a oregon who was a big fan of Citroen cars.   He found a guy in Canada that would go to junk yards and take the vin #s and titles and stick them on newer units from Europe that didn't meet us standards.   He had a 1997 that was registered as a "pre ban" '79.   That said there are weird rules on bringing stuff across.   My in laws live there and I have considered a few things from time to time.   A car was no problem, but a truck had  a 25% import duty.   I don't know about machinery.  I thought I read on here someone bought a used skidder but made it look older by taking the cowl off and painting "junque" on the blade and claimed it was only for parts.    Don't know if i would gamble like that, but there will Probably be options. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Firewoodjoe

OHlogger I understand the emissions thing but our new equipment and log truck burns more fuel! Hardly smokes but what's the differance if they burn more in the long run. It's crazy

OH logger

it really stinks. I wiush I could order a  new one now but I just cant afford it for a year or 2. thank you big government I appreciate it a  lot >:(.    oh well just less sales tax they get huh.
john

timberlinetree

I use to love watching the black smoke coming out of the stacks on the mack superliner pulling the skidder. I think there's to much smoke in Washington!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!