iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

$69.49...

Started by Ga Mtn Man, April 29, 2014, 07:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

...FYI, is the price for a new LT40 hydraulic box cover, shipped to GA.   Just sayin'  :-\.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Larry

I don't think they wear out........ :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

backwoods sawyer

But you can bend one up real good when positioning with a big tractor ::)
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Sometimes we don't have to worry about what somebody else does to us.  We do a fairly good job ourselves.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: backwoods sawyer on April 29, 2014, 08:36:10 PM
But you can bend one up real good when positioning with a big tractor ::)

I have a very general idea of where you might find a replacement.

Larry

This thread needs pictures. :D :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ga Mtn Man

All I have is a BEFORE pic:

I only knew this box lid for a short while but had grown quite fond of it.  It will be missed :'(.

drobertson

sun is setting, and I am already in the dark,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

barbender

That price doesn't seem that bad, with shipping.
Too many irons in the fire

5quarter

Actually, I think the steel is around eight bucks. It's the little sticker on top that says" do not rest forks here" that cost so much.
;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

highleadtimber16

Well up here you would pay twice as much plus shipping. I paid $75 for two B57 belts and two 150 Amp fuses today. You don't have to explain what happened to the lid. We got the idea :D
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

Sixacresand

Besides its intended cover function, it is a handy place to lay gloves, tape measurers, ice tea, etc.  Just have remember to remove all items before travel or they will be lost.   I'm guessing, GMM, vandals loosened the bolts on your cover and it fell off.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ga Mtn Man

Yes, that is exactly what happened.  Bolt-loosening vandalism is becoming a major problem in north Georgia.

Magicman

It's hard for me to even imagine what kind of "bump" it took to dislodge that cover even without bolts??  That cover is heavy !!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

could've been a high speed, low drag situation?  this said vandals are worthless,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GDinMaine

It is a real mystery...it must have been quite an event that is possibly worth the $69.49 ticket for the only seat in the house.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Ga Mtn Man

Hypothetically speaking, if the side bolts were only screwed in a few turns by hand and the top bolts were also not tight, one could envision a scenario where the lid might simply slide off.  Hypothetically speaking of course. 

Chuck White

I kind of figured it was caused by the turbulance between the truck and the mill and the cover just got lifted off by the vacuum and then the mill ran over it!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ga Mtn Man

Chuck, I like your theory better than mine. :)

backwoods sawyer

Well he got luckier then I did when I ran over the front jack Hisssssssssssssss....... Four bolts and something new to contain the Hissssssssss and I was back on the road :-\
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!