iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mill Today

Started by boxygen, April 27, 2014, 09:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxygen

Hi all. I finally made my sawmilling dreams come true today. I picked up a Hudson Oscar 121. It was not on my short list of sawmills but a deal came along I couldn't pass up. Came with 24' of track and 10 new blades. I got it setup already and made some Hackamatack boards.  8)
Hudson Oscar 121. Mahindra 2415, fransgard winch. Husky chainsaws from 346xp to 394xp, most are ported.

thecfarm

First thing change that signature line.  ;D You are a sawmill owner now. I can't remember if I asked,What's the plan for the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Boxy, been a wile since I heard hackamatack (larch) my best friend was from Maine and mentioned it often. Guess he used it for boat building. Glad to hear you got your mill, I predict a building boom in your neighborhood. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

mad murdock

Congrats on the new mill.  Another victim secumbs to the pernacious sawdust in blood disease 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

boxygen

cfarm: You need a plan for the lumber before you saw it?  ;)
Actually, my neighbor has probably 2k of Larch, (tamarack, hackamatack, or if you are a real old timer - Juniper) and fir to saw. I plan on sawing about 1000bf of cedar for decking for my new porch. Other than that, I always have my eye out for high quality and figured hardwoods for woodworking projects. Im kind of a hoarder like that. Its genetic. :laugh:
Hudson Oscar 121. Mahindra 2415, fransgard winch. Husky chainsaws from 346xp to 394xp, most are ported.

thecfarm

Juniper,my Father was a old timer, never heard him say that word for wood. Where in Maine are ya?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tmarch

Congrats on the mill!!!!!!!!!  Planning a use for the lumber is good, but if you are just starting out practice will help.  I'm just starting and have plans for what I cut, but it mite be changed depending on what I find inside the log
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

boxygen

You can find me in Pownal. My dad is a forester and says nobody says Juniper anymore, the only time you hear it is when a real old timer says it. Actually, he was in the Maine big tree book for many years with the largest Larch until it died just a few years ago.

thecfarm

I had about an acre of it. Just about all there was there. We sold it for pulp back in '93. The biggest one is in a township now.

MAI

kczbest

Congrats on the new Mill! 8)
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Sixacresand

Congratulations, Boxygen
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

manoverboard

Awesome!! I wish you many years os happy sawing!!!
TimberKing 2000, 35hp Diesel, Kubota L3800 w/loader

21incher

Congratulations on the new mill and welcome to the Forestry Forum boxygen.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

boxygen

Thanks guys. Sawed a big old pine after work tonight. Came out beautifully. My neighbor and I are like two kids in a sandbox.

drobertson

I can see you boys playing in the sawdust 8)
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

tule peak timber

Don't forget to post some pics of your new rig. Congratulations ! 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Magicman

With sawdust in your pockets.  Congrats on the sawmill.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!