iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40HD Blade lube delivery system question

Started by giant splinter, April 24, 2014, 07:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giant splinter

I have been experiencing a problem with the coolant/lube system not shutting all the way off when I am reversing back to start my next pass through the cant. I don't think dirt or dust got in there and I winterize the system when it gets cold enough to freeze things up.
Just wondering if anyone has been through this and what the fix is, I can hear the valve clicking and I can blow air threw the system when its open, the flow of coolant/lube does not shut off when I change direction and begin reversing back down to set up for the next pass.
Thanks for any help I can get and I will get in there and check the system over the weekend and get it squared away. GS
roll with it

Magicman

Sounds like you will be taking that valve apart.  Maybe there is trash, etc. keeping it open??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Mine lube system got to where no fluid would come out. I ordered a check valve. When I went to replace it....I tapped on it with a wrench before I took it off....and at the same time I was trying to pump lube through it.
It started working while tapping it.
It probably had a piece of trash wedged in it....so now I have a spare.
Your's may have a piece of trash in it holding it open a little.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

giant splinter

I think you guys are right, something snuck in there when I was not looking. There is a screen on the incoming hose so it must not take much to jam it open. Thanks for the tips and I will git er dun over the weekend.
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!