iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl ms362c air filter on ms362

Started by king0581, April 23, 2014, 07:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king0581

I have seen this asked on a few forums and after NOT researching my saw purchase good enough I had to do it myself. On top of needing the air filter, filter housing, and baffle you will need the plastic kill switch/choke lever, choke linkage rod, spring metal S clip that shorts out the kill switch wires and the hood. All total cost me a little over $100 out of pocket. I had to rebend the choke linkage rod and trim out the plastic fin on the underside of the hood. The hood is still a little tight but does fit. The hood doesnt have the cutout holes for the carb adjustment but I will just take it off to tune it. The filter housing does have the holes to access the carb adjustment screws. I was told that a hood with the holes does exist but after having the baffle on back order for 3 weeks I was tired of waiting. By the way my saw is under warranty for another 21 months but I got the same reply pretty much every else has, sharpen your chain more.... The Stihl rep my dealer contacted said he had never heard of the dust issue with the standard 362 filter and told me to run it. I went this route because I needed a good 60cc saw and didnt want to step into a auto tune or Mtronic saw. Hope this helps some folks out so they dont end up with a nice paper weight after their warranty expires. Looks like a good forum so I believe ill hang out a bit.

stihlguy2

My dealer was unable to correct the problem after 2 attempts, so I ended up with a new MS362C-M. It took a lot of calls to the Stihl rep and e-mails.
Stihl 031AV, 032AV, 044, MS362C-M, 066

Thank You Sponsors!