iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I just loaded a big tree in my truck...Headed to Magicman's

Started by Dodgy Loner, April 22, 2014, 05:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

customsawyer

Bring it on over for the Sycamore project. That way you will have a reason to rebuild the power train too. :laugh:
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WmFritz

That's loading them the easy way, Dodgy. And only lost a hubcap.  :D :D

Now if Magicman can pick the front of the truck up and dump er back out, you'll be all set.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This hurt my side!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

Easy way to load but maybe just a touch hard on the pickup.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

21incher

Looks like that truck will only last about 1 more load like that.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ocklawahaboy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thecfarm

Safety first,always use something to block the wheels. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Back 1980 or 81 two not so smart crooks tried to steel a 40 ton coil rolled off the end of a flat bed into a half ton pickup was a picture in the L A Calf news paper that pickup did not look good at all
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Nomad

That's one of those "don't try this at home" videos. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on April 22, 2014, 06:10:20 PM
Hey, at least that guy kept his back glass.

At first I though it way going to squish the cab as well.  Now, that would have been really funny! :o
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Bring it on cause the log arch is ready and I just got a box of blades from Resharp.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Good thing the ground was close or no telling how far down it would have gone!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Herb Brooks

Never ever ever try that with a dodge.   Or anything made past about 1986 or so

ddcuning

I darn near died laughing watching that! I have gotten logs out of my truck by backing up really fast and slamming on the brakes but I never loaded one like that guy did!

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

clww

Quote from: Herb Brooks on April 22, 2014, 08:50:22 PM
Never ever ever try that with a dodge.   Or anything made past about 1986 or so
I'd never do that with anything less than a "MACK".
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

kelLOGg

What's the big deal? Doesn't everyone load logs that way? Well, gotta go. Going to look at pickups again. ;D ;D
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Red Clay Hound

I think I know why Dodgy was so interested in that video.  In his formative years he had a habit of leaving my tractor parked a little too close when he was felling trees.   :o  As I recall, I replaced two steering wheels and two fenders on my old Ford 4000, before he finally left home.   ;D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Quotebefore he finally left home.

Maybe he left home, but he still has not learned how to stay out of trouble.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sealark37

This reminds me of the time a customer drove a 5000# forklift on to a flatbed F-350.  We warned him not to do it.

Thank You Sponsors!