iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting IDEA

Started by LittleJohn, April 22, 2014, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleJohn

jargo432

I'd like to see a slow motion shot of how it works, and also see it used on some twisted elm. :D
Jack of all trades.

LittleJohn

Quote from: jargo432 on April 22, 2014, 06:05:27 PM
... also see it used on some twisted elm. :D

or anything with a decent sized knot

Always love how they show spliting maul, chainsaws ... (insert any piece of wood working equipment), cutting these perfectly logs or blocks with no knots, no sweep, and the product works perfectly. WELL DUH

Alexanderthelate

I've spoken to the inventor on another forum. I'm not sure what this forum's rules as regards posting links to other forums are so I'll wait before linking to it.

Mr. Karna explained that the tool can be used without damaging your wrists:

"You will not get such chocks to your hands, wrists and body, because the splitting technique is different comparing to the conventional axes and mauls.
Hold the handle as gently as possible in your hands to allow the automatic rotation caused by the eccentric blade.
The blade does not stop suddenly as the conventional axes and mauls. It stops via rotation "slowly". In addition to this, the safety elements act as chock absorber to minimize the possible chocks."

He did split elm with the axe and has a video (he has thousands of them). The price of this tool is what kills it though, it seems to do the job as good as any other tool. If it's allowed I'll post a link to the other forum, some might find our discussion useful.

BradMarks

Interesting yes!  What I liked most was the tire being used as a containment mechanism. Wood didn't jump off the chopping block.  Anybody used something like that with a conventional axe or maul that has more downward force?

Jeff

Quote from: Alexanderthelate on April 23, 2014, 11:02:53 AM
If it's allowed I'll post a link to the other forum, some might find our discussion useful.

Posting rules and guidelines link can be found at the bottom of every Forestry Forum page.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

r.man

Regardless of the axe or maul I think the tire idea is a good one and have seen numerous videos of their use. I noticed that he put small ones in to hold a medium block and it seemed to work well.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Alexanderthelate

Quote from: Jeff on April 23, 2014, 11:50:12 AM