iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bandsaw blade sharpening

Started by Joe Hillmann, April 22, 2014, 10:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hillmann

I am at the point on my bandsaw build that I need to order blades before I can go any further.  I called around and am having a hard time finding anyone locally who sharpens bandsaw blades.  So where do you guys buy your blades from and where do you get them sharpened?

1938farmall

sponsor menominee saw is in your general area.
aka oldnorskie

Magicman

If you ever plan to use Wood-Mizer Resharp service, you would need to buy their blades. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bedway

Ive been using Menominee bands for several years and am well pleased with them.

Joe Hillmann

I ended up ordering a single blade from woodmizer to make sure it fits before I order a whole box(The only easy adjustment on my saw for blade length is tire pressure).  I called several companies and woodmizer was the first one that could meet my needs of making the blade the exact length I need (the teeth won't be even at the weld) and still be able to resharpen them. 

I didn't call Menomonie saw yet.  I may still give them a call before I order a full box of blades.

Small Slick

Joe,

I haven't called to find out but I've heard there may be a place in Chippewa Falls that can do it. At the risk of promoting / advertising I won't say who but if you PM me I can tell you.

John

red oaks lumber

joe
there is a guy on the south end of longlake that would sharpen for you.if interested let me know
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Joe Hillmann

Quote from: red oaks lumber on April 22, 2014, 07:55:32 PM
joe
there is a guy on the south end of longlake that would sharpen for you.if interested let me know

I am interested (I assume you mean the LongLake that is just north of V&M ?)

Thank You Sponsors!