iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grapple Skidder Snowplow?

Started by WmFritz, April 21, 2014, 11:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WmFritz

I saw this at a local mall the other day.
I guess logging equipment works on asphalt too.  :D

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Bobus2003

We have a 10' V-plow setup to go on our 648s at work.

Brleclaire

The grapple would work good for moving the cars that are in their way when plowing.

thecfarm

Never seen that before. See alot of BIG bucket loaders in the parking lots around here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Only problem I see with it is you can't "stack" snow like you can with an end loader, so it would really limit pile size and parking lot space.

Alexanderthelate

I know a guy who plows his driveway/ parking lot (he runs a garage out of his house) with a Garret.

chester_tree _farmah

Booh yeah. Put the chains to er and yaaaad right on er! Nice pic. Love it.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

chester_tree _farmah

I was glad to have my skidder this winter. We had some wicked ice. I wasn't able to plow with the storms so when I tried with my plow truck I couldn't move it. Cranked the old girl up and broke the road open. 1/2 mile with hills.  :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

WmFritz

It's common up here in the Glacial North to see end loaders and old dump trucks with plows on them sitting around each corner of a large parking lot. I cant remember the last time I've been to our mall (the wife conned me into stopping at Sears), it just seemed so out of place when I saw that skidder sitting there.  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

coxy

well it wont be all beat up when they sell it  ;D its just got 10,000 hours of plowing time  :laugh:

Thank You Sponsors!