iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moved the Peterson Today

Started by Qweaver, April 21, 2014, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I moved the Swinger for the first time today to saw some giant red oaks.  I took me 2 hours to break it down and load it onto my 6'x 10' tilt trailer...but I didn't do it well and the next time will be much quicker.  It took 45 minutes to set it up at the saw site over a 42" dia. log and thankfully the ground was pretty level.  I have 4 logs to saw.  The biggest is 48" and two smaller ones I can lift and place for sawing.  I will have to setup over the 48"...can't lift that dude.  I made a few passes and what beautiful lumber these logs are going to make.  I'll quarter saw all of them.  This may be my last sawing job and I think it will be a good one.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

dgdrls

Quote from: Qweaver on April 21, 2014, 07:52:40 PM
I moved the Swinger for the first time today to saw some giant red oaks.  I took me 2 hours to break it down and load it onto my 6'x 10' tilt trailer...but I didn't do it well and the next time will be much quicker.  It took 45 minutes to set it up at the saw site over a 42" dia. log and thankfully the ground was pretty level.  I have 4 logs to saw.  The biggest is 48" and two smaller ones I can lift and place for sawing.  I will have to setup over the 48"...can't lift that dude.  I made a few passes and what beautiful lumber these logs are going to make.  I'll quarter saw all of them.  This may be my last sawing job and I think it will be a good one.

I'm reading between the lines that you are considering or have decided to retire from sawing??
We will need some pictures of that oak if you would.

Best to you Qweaver,

DGDrls

drobertson

same here, last job?  those mills do what so many can't.   Lots of work for sure but a good service for sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!