iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JD Skidder on craigslist.

Started by luvmexfood, April 21, 2014, 05:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Just found this on Craigslist for southwest va under heavy equipment. No use for it myself just thought i would pass it along. Hope this doesn't violate any rules. If it does Jeff please delete.
(Craigslist links aren't allowed)
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Offthebeatenpath

It's a nice looking skidder- glad I clicked the link before Jeff saw this thread, because he is going to have to delete it according to (understandable) FF rules. 

Jeff- I know we can't link directly to Craigslist, but can we say that there is a nice looking 440C if you were to search on CL in Southwestern VA?  Just wondering...
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

luvmexfood

Whoops. Sorry. Didn't know but do now. Still a pretty good looking skidder.

Jeff

Quote from: Offthebeatenpath on April 21, 2014, 06:19:48 PM
It's a nice looking skidder- glad I clicked the link before Jeff saw this thread, because he is going to have to delete it according to (understandable) FF rules. 

Jeff- I know we can't link directly to Craigslist, but can we say that there is a nice looking 440C if you were to search on CL in Southwestern VA?  Just wondering...

If you read the rules and the reason why this rule is in effect, it just seems like everyone would understand. I guess I don't have a problem with saying there is one on craigs list, but don't say where it is. They can find it if they need it. The rule is to prevent people from screwing up a deal for other members that already may know about a listing and don't want it taken out from under them by posting it here. Same with ebay.  This is not some make believe scenario. it has happened, and more than once resuting in unhappy members, and in one case, a lost member. That is why the rules were put into effect.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Offthebeatenpath

Makes complete sense.  That's why you're in charge Jeff.
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

luvmexfood

Sorry Jeff and I understand. To prevent future situations where can I find a list of the no/nos?

This is an execellent forum with a bunch of great guys. Oh. And a couple of great gals.

CTL logger

What would be the best way to mention it? Should you for example I know where a nice log truck is anyone have interest pm me? Would that be acceptable Jeff?

celliott

Quote from: CTL logger on April 22, 2014, 07:51:12 AM
What would be the best way to mention it? Should you for example I know where a nice log truck is anyone have interest pm me? Would that be acceptable Jeff?

A little while back a member mentioned he was looking for a shingle mill. I told him there was one on Vermont craigslist. Didn't post a link, but I guess he found it.
I also shared a CL link in a PM about a restored truck. It was outrageously priced and I just thought he'd like to see it.
We also have the craigslist funnies thread, with alot of $5000 10" DBH walnut trees  :D
Not really the same thing though?
If people mentioned every cool thing or good deal they found on craigslist, the forum would be swamped with posts. I know I find lots of cool stuff I have no intention of buying. Most people are plenty capable of finding things on their own.
I think it's a good rule.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

timberlinetree

What about scamers alearts? The couple we are buying our forwarder from bought an 07 SUV and the engine was filled with gear oil to cover up a bad bearing. Some people make a living ripping people off through Craig list. Be careful!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!