iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ 240c

Started by KWood255, April 21, 2014, 01:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWood255

My new TJ 240c is set to be delivered tomorrow. It is a 1979, with a 4-53, overall in pretty nice shape and it has a clam on the blade.

This is a replacement for my 215 that I sold a few months ago.

The high range has been locked out, believed to prevent the operator from going to fast. Has anyone seem this on these skidders ?  Not sure if it is the linkage or something internal which is restricting it to low range only. Otherwise, everything is supposed to be good.

treeslayer2003

Timbercruiser

My 230 had the same thing done to it when I bought it stayed in low  range.  Its just the adjustment rod you adjust then it goes in fine thats what I did  :D

KWood255

I would be happy to post a few photos of both skidders, if someone can give me some direction on posting from an IPhone???

chester_tree _farmah

U need to create a picture gallery and upload to that.  Than u can copy links into a post or u can select to have your gallery show up in your profile. People can than go to it from your profile page. Looking forward to seeing them.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

KWood255

Hopefully this works for photos. This is my 240c as it arrived. She has already seen a bit of paint in the last couple of days, and some general maintenance. It runs great, but I still have a minor engine oil leak from either the oil pan, oil line running under the engine or perhaps the rear seal, however I think I have ruled out the rear seal. Looking forward to a total paint job once the weather improves.
Filename: https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/34884/image.jpg

KWood255

KWood255

Here is the latest. Lots of more paint to go!
Filename: https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/34884/image~0.jpg

chester_tree _farmah

Very cool. Nice machine! Why the grapple hooks on the front?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

KWood255

I had a factory piler on my 215, which I would struggle to go without. I figured this was the next best thing. I find the bill/piler make the skidder much more usefull around the house, from moving firewood to lifting hay bales etc. Kind of like two machines in one.

thecfarm

I could use that to latch onto a rock and move it to a much better location.
This should help on putting a picture in your post.

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ohio_Bill

Very Nice .

Congratulations
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Maine logger88

Nice looking jack!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

tj240

nice looking machine. a friend in vermont i worked with did something similar to a c6 except he put o forks that would stow on the blade arms.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

KWood255

Finally gave her a bit of a workout today, and it seems pretty impressive compared to my 215. Only complaint is the blade/grapple has very little lifting power, which seems strange considering the dual cylinders.

My 215 with a piler would lift so much the rear tires would come off the ground at times. Not sure why the 240 does want to lift. Any idea's.

I followed  "thecfarm's" instructions, but still no luck adding photos to the post. Perhaps the Iphone doesn't like it....

tj240

i may be wrong but the more i look at your tj it looks like a super e or a d series the 240c s i remember had cummins motors and john deere winches.
again nice machine log on and be careful!!!!
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

BargeMonkey

A 240C was made from about 96-01 and had a 4cyl cummins and deere/timberjack T-40 winch. My 230 doesnt pile well. I like that grabber youve got, can you get ahold of a round bale ?

thecfarm

Iphone,I'll help ya out. Just because it was a bother for me to compare the pictures.  :)

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberlinetree

Good luck with the new skidder. pic does look like a d or e series.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

KWood255

Bargemonkey, I can grab a 5x5 bale without any trouble. Only issue is that my lift capacity seems to be lacking, as I explained in my other post. I think I have resolved that now.

Thanks for the comments!

Thank You Sponsors!