iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

6th year of eclassic 2300. End of season cleaning pics

Started by ecrane99, April 20, 2014, 11:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecrane99

Hi All,  Just sharing my 2014 shutdown and cleaning pics.  Eclassic 2300. 6 years of heating so far.

Ed

Reaction chamber showing newly designed fusion chamber 

Stack Cleanout 

Heat exchangers 

Bypass door 

Bypass door 

Burn box, looking down at newly designed fusion chamber
Ed

r.man

Hi Ed, could you identify the pictures for me, the outside ones are ok but I am not sure about some of the others.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

doctorb

Looking good, Ed.  I just finished 5 years and my stove looks a lot like yours after cleanout.  Tell me, Ed, your reaction chamber unit has not cross pipe sections.  Is this a pic of the new upgrade from CB.  I hope to do that this off-season.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

ecrane99

r.man, I added the labels to the original post. 
doctorb,  Thanks. yes this is the new design. CB provided it to me when the original blew out. It requires re arrangement of the bricks prior to install. Good so far.
Ed

r.man

Thanks for the labels Ed. Did your old one physically break or burn out?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

stratford 50

I think there is some confusion here, the new ceramic brick that I purchased from a Central Boiler dealer looks different than the one in this boiler. Fusion Combustor looks right, but the new casting is in the shape of a half moon similar to the steel fusion combustor. Maybe I'm wrong but this doesn't look the same as mine.

ecrane99

My original developed a crack which turned into a hole during the 2nd heating season with this stove.  The new replacement fusion chamber is much heavier and a shorter.  The half moon is similar, but the lower portion doesn't extent to the floor of the reaction chamber.  instead, cb provides bricks to allow the fusion chamber to rest on

Here is the original (old setup):

Below is the new setup: notice that you can't see much of the fusion chamber, it is smaller and doesn't extend down into the reaction chamber.

Ed

stratford 50

Ed, Do you still use the steel rods that go on top of the fusion combustor? The most recent up grade provides a half-moon ceramic insert in front of the new fusion combustor. This new setup does away with the rods.

Logging logginglogging

Anyone know what the upgrade cost non warrantee? what's the advantage other than replacing a failed original one?

Mine burns great but I am thinking I should get this upgrade just to have if mine does fail.

Logging logginglogging

BTW, 5 years on mine and when I clean it out the metal inside looks bran new....

Thank You Sponsors!