iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Witch firewood processor?

Started by logman81, April 19, 2014, 09:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Quote from: logman81 on July 12, 2014, 03:16:25 PM
Around here we only deal with full cords not face cords.

Still "shrinks" so to speak, when bucking and splitting 100" pulpwood cord into full cords.
Likely lose that 1/6 as Corely5 suggests.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

Yup, you'll end up with .833 of cord of processed firewood from your 1 cord of pulp on average.  The only time I've ever had it come out equal was from some stained sugar maple flooring bolts we got from Robbins.  That was nice wood to process 8) 8)  We did five 20 cord train loads and it corded out to 300 16" face cords.  No one deals in 128 cubic foot firewood cords around here. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Strike one, couldn't get the financing from one place. Going to try a place called farm credit. They seem to offer more options and are more flexible. If I can't get the funds I'm just going to build myself a commercial type wood splitter similar to timberwolf/built-rite and get by with that.

Oliver1655

Logman,  If you have a loader, a bucking stand such as I posted in the following thread:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,76297.0.html  (Reply #6)  can come in very handy.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

stumpjumper83

I financed mine thru a place called northland capital in Minnisota.  They are a leasing company, and specialize in heavy equipment and the like.

logman81

Thanks stump jumper, I going to give one more place a go and if that don't work I'm going to build a splitter instead.

Thank You Sponsors!