iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Do not go to the mill with an attitude…..it will bite you!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 18, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Customer comes to my mill yesterday.....mad when he got there.
His wife rides him every time he spends money on Cedar slabs.
He backs his truck up to the pile....ranting and raving.
I'm listening with another customer who is already at the mill.
My other customer feels sorry for him and goes and helps him load slabs.
The helper starts asking questions about his problem as he is loading slabs......bad move.
The more questions asked....the madder he gets.  :D
I'm rolling but have no dog in the fight so I keep my mouth shut. (can you believe that  :o )
About a minute later.....BAM......a slab goes through the back glass of the pick-up.  :D :D
I'm thinking....Forestry Forum!  :D :D :D
Now......the helper customer runs to the mill where I am. I'm chewing my tongue not to laugh.
I have never heard words like what was being screamed in quite a while.
The guy finally calms down.....apologizes.....and pays me.
He then opens the truck door....gets in under the steering wheel......slams door......and then it happens.......
smiley_furious3 the rest of the glass falls out down his neck inside his shirt. taz-smiley
Throws truck in gear.......and hauls bass out of the log yard. Now I have tears coming down my face.  smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_crying
Never a dull moment at my place.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Just a bad day no matter who you are!   :-[  ::)  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Got one better than that.Plant Mgr tells one of the employees to take his truck around back,all the while on company time,and fill his truck up with pallets. Ayup,one went into the back window. I did not go see it,but I betcha it looked like that last picture.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TimGA

Poston,
        That's hilarious, sometimes it's great to be the Fly on the wall and not being the one being watched by the Fly.
                                       Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

petefrom bearswamp

Poston what does he do with the slabs?
Burn them or use for projects.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on April 18, 2014, 06:31:27 PM
Poston what does he do with the slabs?
Burn them or use for projects.

He saws them off and stands them up. Makes garden beds / flower beds.

Bill Gaiche

Don't know what he paid for slabs but, they surely are cheaper than a window. His wife is going to be proud of him. bg

Ocklawahaboy

Even if you'd given him the slabs, that would be some expensive cedar.

beenthere

At least you got some pics, before and after it looks like.
Hope he didn't also get a ticket on the way home.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

blackfoot griz

He probably wanted a sliding rear window before he got to your place...now he can get it!

Chuck White

Believe it or not, a sliding rear window can be bought cheaper than a 1-piece!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

customsawyer

I had several Mondays just like that this week.  ???
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Farmerjw

I was waiting to hear he "peeled out of there" and dumped the whole load back on the ground!  :D

So, next time you see him you can tell him it could have been worse!  ::) ;D :o :D
Premier Bovine Scatologist

WmFritz

Never a dull moment around the Poston Place!

smiley_brick hits_hardhat smiley_swinging_board smiley_carpenter_hit_thumb
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

sawguy21

I hope he walked away from it for a while and took time to calm down before things got worse. ::) Some days you are the windshield, some days the bug. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ammonbarnes

I had a guy come to my mill with two cottonwood logs smashing the bed of his 05 ish f350and some gnarly dents in the side when I ask what happened he was laughing so hard as best as I could make out was he had no brakes on his backhoe so he had to use his truck and afterwards he realized he could have saved time and his truck if he had transported the logs just a little farther before loading them oh well at least he had a good attitude

Magicman

It's obvious that he was wanting to go fishing and his wife wanted the flower beds done before Easter.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!