iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stolen MS 362

Started by Ward Barnes, April 17, 2014, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ward Barnes

Howdy Folks:

Today I was cutting firewood in front of our house from where the tree trimming crew had cut down a number of trees from beneath the power lines.  I loaded a trailer full and drove it to the back yard.  By the time I made it back up front someone had stolen the almost new MS 362, the gas, the oil and the bar cover.  $700 gone in a flash.  Called the cops and gave the serial number 294695451.  To make it worse the wood was for our pastor.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

goose63

Sorry to here that takes a lot of nerve here you would get shot for that >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

That was quick. Some nerve to try that.  :o  >:(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

cutter88

I had a 2 week old 372xpg stolen this winter off my landing this winter...sure sucks
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

schmeg

I feel for you my friend. I had an almost new 357XP stolen 3 years ago. My wife hired a 20 something to rebuild a few garden beds for us while I was out of town. He was given free reign of my tools in the garage. When I came back, saw, case and all was gone. Never lost a thing prior to that event. Needless to say, I finally replaced the saw 2 weeks ago. $715 later I got a 562XP. That was a painful check to write out. I could have claimed it on homeowners insurance, but they will use any excuse to jack up your rates.
2023 MS400
2014 562XP
2007 357XP (stolen)
2004 346XP
1997 350
1992 55

WDH

Ward,

You were being watched. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Coreytroy

2 things that I hate:
1). Stealing
2). Dishonesty

Sorry to hear of the theft. 😤😪

backwoods sawyer

I feel you to.
Had a newer chainsaw and toolbox stolen out of my truck that was behind a closed gate.
Lot of this going around.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

petefrom bearswamp

Bummer.
I have been lucky so far.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Cut4fun

I hate thieves  and liars with a passion  :snowball:. Hope Karma comes back and haunts them 10 fold.  ;D

goose63

Jed called me to day to help take down a tree grove when I got there he told me bought the thieves in his shop thy got off with 10 grand worth of tools his $1400 Stihl was a year old this happened in north fargo may be I should go sleep in his shop for a week or two
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Maine logger88

Sorry to hear that nothing worse than a theif
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Farmerjw

Was the tree trimming crew still in the vicinity?  Someone may have truly accidentally grabbed it up.  If so, go nicely and ask, might be there in the midst of their saws.  Pays to at least ask nicely.  Can tell you that wouldn't happen around here.  The thieves are to lazy to saw wood and would only steal the saw, they wouldn't want the gas or oil!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Ward Barnes

Quote from: Farmerjw on April 18, 2014, 10:04:49 PM
Was the tree trimming crew still in the vicinity?  Someone may have truly accidentally grabbed it up.  If so, go nicely and ask, might be there in the midst of their saws.  Pays to at least ask nicely.  Can tell you that wouldn't happen around here.  The thieves are to lazy to saw wood and would only steal the saw, they wouldn't want the gas or oil!

The tree trimming crew came through about two weeks ago.  It may be I was being watched.  There is enough traffic that the thief drove past a few times after spotting me working and just waited his chance.  He may have seen my wife leave on her bicycle and know that she is usually gone for more than an hour.  We moved here some 19 years ago and this is the first time we have had any problem.  I got complacent and I guess a little lazy.  Called the cops, made out the report and called all the pawn shops in the area to be on the look out.  Mary and I have prayed for whoever stole my almost new toy.  She bought it for me in October.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

thecfarm

I got complacent and I guess a little lazy.

I copied that from your post. It really bothered me you posted that. I know what you mean by that statement and understand it. But there is no reason that any of us need to be careful so nothing gets stolen.  ::)  We SHOULD be able to leave anything we want out and not have to wonder if it will be there when we get back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

NCFarmboy

Quote from: thecfarm on April 19, 2014, 08:03:45 AM
I got complacent and I guess a little lazy.

I copied that from your post. It really bothered me you posted that. I know what you mean by that statement and understand it. But there is no reason that any of us need to be careful so nothing gets stolen.  ::)  We SHOULD be able to leave anything we want out and not have to wonder if it will be there when we get back.
AMEN!!!  Shame things are not as they were.  Never locked our house, left keys in the cars 30 yrs ago.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

clww

I'll keep my eyes on the local CL around here, Ward.
Sorry for your loss, but God is always watching. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

DonT

That sucks,but I know how you feel.Someone watched my place and got 6 saws and rigging gear from me three years ago.

JohnG28

I lock my car when it's in my garage. Just the way things are, nothing is sacred anymore and some people will do or take anything. Sorry for your loss, hope it turns up. >:(
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

SPIKER

Neighbor out front of my place (10 years ago) trimming up some trees left it setting for some lunch, came out (house was only 30 feet away.)   Saw was gone, house next door different neighbor similar time had his stolen out of his truck parked 10 feet from end of his trailer house...     >:(

Sure hate thieves more than most only thing worse is politicians who want to take our liberty from us.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!